Are Poets Crazy? - Page 6

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Are Poets Crazy?

I'm not sure I know of anyone for comparison's sake. The only difference maybe being that poets attempt to put into words the barking dogs that reside in our heads.

Sitting in a room full of poets I reckon it's like being on a trading floor at the stock exchange but there is more empathy amongst the stockbrockers...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I love writing and for this sometimes quarreled with my wife. One day we fixed to going a tour outside of our town. Everything is OK and decide that going to sleep the previous night quickly because we are going in the early morning of the next day. My wife and my son get to sleep quickly, and I decide one hour later, I go to sleep. I sit to write a poetry which I research from a few months. One hour doesn't matter; I don't know how the night passed away. It's 5 o'clock by my watch, and I shocked. Just going to sleep and get up 10 am become so tired, and my wife doesn't talk me for a couple of weeks.

I wish my wife would quit talking to me for a couple of weeks! Hell, even a couple of hours would be pure heaven!
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

The poets are all time crazy.

yes , but what is special about poets. All writers are crazy, what makes poets specially so?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Why don't poets marry supermodels
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I think it is the other way around, esc. The poets wouldn't mind, it's the supermodels that don't go for it. My guess would be that it is the one form of writing that almost nobody makes a living at and those that do make a lousy one. It's not that all writers of other things are going to do well, but at least some of them do. So maybe poets are crazier than most writers because they spend their time on an esoteric form that is rarely appreciated except by other poets, and let's face it, even they are going to be slightly critical of anyone else's work if it isn't Shakespeare's or someone else who has been dead ages. I can imagine a supermodel married to a successful script writer, heck I can imagine one with anyone rich and successful, not a poet.
    Perhaps that is how you could attract women esc. become a successful writer?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast