Colourful Kent. (UK)

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Colourful Kent. (UK)

garden of britian I've read
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Not any more!

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    garden of britian I've read
    We have lost the title after 400 years to North Yorkshire.

The proud title of Garden of England has slipped from the grasp of Kent after more than 400 years, according to a survey which condemns the county as overrun with railways, traffic jams and chavs.

Disgusted l am.

Isn't Yorkshire gods own country an now garden of England..chavs mess everything up....is there any banksys in kent...400 was a good innings

Isn't Yorkshire gods own country an now garden of England..chavs mess everything up....is there any banksys in kent...400 was a good innings
    Dover has a Banksy Brexit themed art work apparently.

I've always assumed that the term "garden" referred to the type of things grown here rather than anything, in the sense of market gardening I suppose. The fact that the fields near us are actually the campus of an agricultural and horticultural college and Kent also has the key research centre for fruit trees suggests that a northern county could not genuinely take the title from us until global warming has scorched us into desert and Yorkshire has a climate that regularly supports two crops a year. We were told by a Yorkshire farmer that there is a distinct latitude north of which farmers must raise livestock rather than grow crops because of this factor. Of course Kent is fast becoming a better wine growing region than France because of this climate change and now produces the best wine-that-we-aren't-actually-allowed-to-call-champagne-but-is in the world according to champagne-and-other-wines-like-it-that-aren't-allowed-to-be-called-that competitions. That means that Kent is still remarkably versatile in what it can produce and it is this variety that earns it the title "garden of England", not the acreage. Even with livestock it still has the land that can support the most sheep per acre, so pure acreage isn't a relevant criterion anyway.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeAverageReader View Post
    We have lost the title after 400 years to North Yorkshire.

The proud title of Garden of England has slipped from the grasp of Kent after more than 400 years, according to a survey which condemns the county as overrun with railways, traffic jams and chavs.

Disgusted l am.
    Woop Woop north yorkshire for t'win.

In all fairness yorkshire is a bit backwards, but pretty views.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Rowan tree doing its Autumnal thing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRG_DSC00105.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	19940

Any pics of kent chavs...

Any pics of kent chavs...
    I do nature, not horror!

Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast