Colourful Kent. (UK) - Page 16

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Colourful Kent. (UK)

Ice cream, why am l not surprised, no doubt in tooooooooo many varieties to count.
    Thinking about it, it does make some sense, as Bluebell, Buttercup and Daisy were names frequently given to cows in the past.
    Years ago we had Bluebell Metal Polish, l have no idea how the makers came up with that!
    This English Rose like the English Bluebell would find the climate in Texas unsuitable.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeAverageReader View Post
    Ice cream, why am l not surprised, no doubt in tooooooooo many varieties to count.
    Thinking about it, it does make some sense, as Bluebell, Buttercup and Daisy were names frequently given to cows in the past.
    Years ago we had Bluebell Metal Polish, l have no idea how the makers came up with that!
    This English Rose like the English Bluebell would find the climate in Texas unsuitable.
    I think we all find the climate in Texas unsuitable. We are leaving my favorite season, Summer III,... Winter to you guys.
    I think I have The UK on the brain. Here is a picture of a cow I took last month. He lives next door... I'm kinda rural.
    NO Photoshop I promise. How many Texans that you know would recognize the map of Southern England?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UK.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	23587
    If you look at my profile, say "Hi!" But not in a creepy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Underd0g View Post
    How many Texans that you know would recognize the map of Southern England?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UK.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	23587
    UM... That is a map of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Great Britain includes Scotland and Wales, as well as Northern England. Eire, the Republic of Ireland, is shown in white.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Yes, Olly I am a Texan who knows that, not sure about Underdog.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    Yes, Olly I am a Texan who knows that, not sure about Underdog.
    Nope, did not know that. But I acted like I did and took my chances. I blame the cow. Terrible geography teacher.

I think itís the white blaze on the little chaps head we should be looking at, South of England, Wales and possibly Northern Ireland?
    Heís gorgeous.

Nope, did not know that. But I acted like I did and took my chances. I blame the cow. Terrible geography teacher.
    It is a feature of cows, and that one looks very young and inexperienced as well. Be doubly careful with cows on mathematics. I must admit my American geography is hazy too, I might be familiar with the names of a few cities but outside New York and Chicago I would have trouble placing them on a map, I could probably get Washington approximately right, LA and San Francisco are both in California, somewhere on the coast, and Salt Lake City is either in Utah or Arizona. That narrows them down to an area several times the size of England I guess
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    It is a feature of cows, and that one looks very young and inexperienced as well. Be doubly careful with cows on mathematics. I must admit my American geography is hazy too, I might be familiar with the names of a few cities but outside New York and Chicago I would have trouble placing them on a map, I could probably get Washington approximately right, LA and San Francisco are both in California, somewhere on the coast, and Salt Lake City is either in Utah or Arizona. That narrows them down to an area several times the size of England I guess
    I am your typical arrogant uneducated American.
    I think it's why I like this thread so much. Since I am untraveled, I enjoy the feel here.
    It's like I know The Blonde Average Reader and she accepts me for who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    UM... That is a map of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Great Britain includes Scotland and Wales, as well as Northern England. Eire, the Republic of Ireland, is shown in white.
    I was wondering where Hogwarts is ( I know it's not real, but the castle set) and Downton Abbey? The Shire? I love hobbits. We're going someday. Can't wait to see Robon Hood, ladies pushing prams, midwives on bicycles, schoolboys in uniforms: short pants and high socks; those beanie hats. And I'm going to have an actual mash and...and, and... a banger! Hope they're good! Probably spicy ( with a name like that).

I am your typical arrogant uneducated American.
    I think it's why I like this thread so much. Since I am untraveled, I enjoy the feel here.
    It's like I know The Blonde Average Reader and she accepts me for who I am.
    Itís not about who, what or where you come from but how you treat the people youíre in contact with.
    líve never crossed the pond so anything l can see pictures of or read about from members in America is fascinating, l try to return the favour by explaining my side of the pond. We may be small compared to the US but at least we donít have to drive far to find interesting sights, hopefully with an English Tea Shop selling Cream Teas.