Colourful Kent. (UK) - Page 15

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Colourful Kent. (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Underd0g View Post
    What's the deal with all the threes?
    I having three towers an oast thing?
    Other numbers are available but three is convenient as it takes a long time to load, dry and then unload and bag up the hops. They are also the best size for converting to houses.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeAverageReader View Post
    Lost count of the number of oast houses we passed on a 4 mile ramble this morning, all now surplus to requirement but very popular with developers.
    <snip>
    So if you fancy a challenge this one is still waiting.
    Any takers?

Attachment 23466
    can't keep up with currency exhange these days.
    how much would this one cost,
    in say,
    pickle chips?
    *stares at jar*

Quote Originally Posted by -xXx- View Post
    can't keep up with currency exhange these days.
    how much would this one cost,
    in say,
    pickle chips?
    *stares at jar*
    That one isnít for sale as far as l could see, just boarded up to keep it secure and weatherproof.
    They are getting scarce now very seldom do we pass an unconverted oast, even google couldnít find me one.
    Found a single roundel conversation 2 bed for £500,000 and a 4 bed for £1.15 m, hope those chips of yours are solid gold.
    I have fond memories of the hop gardens on the farm l played on as a kid, love the smell too, there are still hops growing in the hedgerows on the farm 50 odd years since the gardens were grubbed out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B620B5A9-008E-4A14-8B97-8E0266EB2272.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	23577
    Our Springtime weeds are better than your Springtime weeds...

Name:	Bluebonnets.jpg 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	23581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bluebonnets-2.jpg 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	23582
    If you look at my profile, say "Hi!" But not in a creepy way.

Ok, l know everything in Texas is bigger! weíve all seen your hats.
    Those Lupins are gorgeous, our garden ones are still dozing till summer arrives. When we holidayíd in Iceland there were large swathes of multi coloured Lupins growing wild in very inhospitable looking conditions, really surprised me how tough they were.
    Iím looking forward to walking through woods completely carpeted with Bluebells in a week or two, smelling sweetly on a warm day, unforgettable.

Ok, l know everything in Texas is bigger! weíve all seen your hats.
    Those Lupins are gorgeous, our garden ones are still dozing till summer arrives. When we holidayíd in Iceland there were large swathes of multi coloured Lupins growing wild in very inhospitable looking conditions, really surprised me how tough they were.
    Iím looking forward to walking through woods completely carpeted with Bluebells in a week or two, smelling sweetly on a warm day, unforgettable.
    Yeah we have a lot of pride in Texas about size (shut up Alaska) but I can genuinely say that I've never heard a bluebonnet called a lupine.
    I guess you are technically correct but it just confirms that's why us 'Muricans have such a hard time understanding your "English".
    If you ever find yourself in Texas and get strange looks for calling them that, just tell them that I gave you a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Underd0g View Post
    Yeah we have a lot of pride in Texas about size (shut up Alaska) but I can genuinely say that I've never heard a bluebonnet called a lupine.
    I guess you are technically correct but it just confirms that's why us 'Muricans have such a hard time understanding your "English".
    If you ever find yourself in Texas and get strange looks for calling them that, just tell them that I gave you a pass.
    The problem isnít English, thatís their Latin name.
    Description

Lupinus texensis, the Texas bluebonnet or Texas lupine. There you go your own personal State flower.

This is our Bluebell ....
    : Hyacinthoides non-scripta ....simply put a small type of Hyacinth.

The problem isnít English, thatís their Latin name.
    Description

Lupinus texensis, the Texas bluebonnet or Texas lupine. There you go your own personal State flower.

This is our Bluebell ....
    : Hyacinthoides non-scripta ....simply put a small type of Hyacinth.

I hate to give Texans the reputation of always correcting those from England,
    but here, if you say "This is our Bluebell", this is what we are going to think:

Name:	Blue-Bell.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	23583