Colourful Kent. (UK) - Page 15

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: Colourful Kent. (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Underd0g View Post
    What's the deal with all the threes?
    I having three towers an oast thing?
    Other numbers are available but three is convenient as it takes a long time to load, dry and then unload and bag up the hops. They are also the best size for converting to houses.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeAverageReader View Post
    Lost count of the number of oast houses we passed on a 4 mile ramble this morning, all now surplus to requirement but very popular with developers.
    <snip>
    So if you fancy a challenge this one is still waiting.
    Any takers?

Attachment 23466
    can't keep up with currency exhange these days.
    how much would this one cost,
    in say,
    pickle chips?
    *stares at jar*

Quote Originally Posted by -xXx- View Post
    can't keep up with currency exhange these days.
    how much would this one cost,
    in say,
    pickle chips?
    *stares at jar*
    That one isnít for sale as far as l could see, just boarded up to keep it secure and weatherproof.
    They are getting scarce now very seldom do we pass an unconverted oast, even google couldnít find me one.
    Found a single roundel conversation 2 bed for £500,000 and a 4 bed for £1.15 m, hope those chips of yours are solid gold.
    I have fond memories of the hop gardens on the farm l played on as a kid, love the smell too, there are still hops growing in the hedgerows on the farm 50 odd years since the gardens were grubbed out.