Thought For Today - Page 90

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought For Today

East Yorkshire Coast, England, United Kingdom
    ‘When you are living and loving God’s way, you recognise in every human being the face of the Great Father/Mother of all life, and their only born Son/Daughter, the Universal Christ. The realisation that the light of their love is in everything enters you into a magical living relationship that unites you with the trees, the sky, the stars, people and all other living creatures. Feeling your oneness with them that is the code of Divine love.’

A quote from the Paramahansa Yogananda paraphrased.

Who Is Blind?
    The one who is unable to perceive another world.
    Who is dumb?
    The one who cannot speak a kind and loving word at the right moment.
    Who is poor?
    The one who is plagued by too many desires.
    Who is rich?
    The one whose heart is contented.

Anon.

Knowing that the main laws of life are love and evolution or rather evolution that is based on love, wise ones appreciate that it does not take a genius to work out that, in spite of what the mass media of our world are trying to make us believe, at any given moment there is much more of that which is good, right and beautiful than dark and ugly, bad and evil on our planet. In keeping with the Divine great plan for the whole of Creation, everything that to this day is that way is but the lower unevolved manifestation of something.

In the fullness of time, with the help and will of God and the Angels, it too will most certainly evolve into something of great excellence and beauty. Firmly holding onto such thoughts that’s how many small people in many small places doing many small things can and indeed are meant to change our world into a more beautiful and peaceful world.
    From ‘Be A Miracle Worker’ presently in preparation.

Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Blog Entries
    Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original:
    whereas if you simply try to tell the truth
    (without caring twopence how often it has been told before)
    you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.

C. S. Lewis

The essence of Hebrews 4:12: ‘The word of God is living and all-efficient. It is much sharper than any double-edged earthly sword because it possesses the power of cutting away that which has been separating the aims of your spirit/soul from those of its earthly counterpart by taking you into the reasoning and consciousness of your heart.’ Once the higher esoteric meaning behind the surface words of the parable of Jesus in the desert has revealed itself to you, you will be able to see for yourself that this is the most striking example of God and the Angels showing us how to deal with the drives and urges of our earthly nature when they threaten to overwhelm us.

From ‘Be A Miracle Worker’

In preparation now.

Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

My writings have always been of an intuitive nature. The knowledge about any of the topics covered did not come to me through reading big books – or small ones for that matter. Every bit of the spiritual wisdom and truth I am sharing with you in my jottings has been and still is an integral part of my own healing journey of a thousand miles. The insights that are coming to me intuitively are accompanied by the learning I am gaining from my own experiences. Life itself has been, still is and forever will be my teacher. Therefore, one could say that my knowledge has quite literally grown organically on the tree of life.

Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

To Jab Or Not To Jab

Reflections On The Swine Flu

Today is Friday, 31st January 2020 and the following is the latest report about the Coronavirus outbreak. According to official sources its death toll has risen to 170 and a confirmed case in Tibet means it has reached every region of mainland China. Chinese health authorities state that there were 7,711 confirmed cases in the country as of 29th January 2020. Infections have also said to have spread to at least fifteen other countries and the World Health Organisation (WHO) are going to meet in Geneva to consider whether the virus should be declared a global health emergency.

The year 2005 saw the bird flu and therefore became known as the bird flu year. Across the globe, the fear of avian influenza caused government officials everywhere to place a higher priority on developing plans to deal with what was declared to be a pandemic influenza. This was followed by the Swine flu outbreak that lasted from 2009 to 2010. The virus was first identified in Mexico in April 2009. It became known as swine flu because it was similar to flu viruses that affect pigs. It spread rapidly from country to country because it was marketed as a new type of flu virus that few young people were immune to. The year 2014 saw the Ebola virus outbreak and again, in spite of the joined efforts of the pharmaceutical industry and the mass media of our world, no pandemic came about.

I cannot help the sneaking feeling that the pharmaceutical industry seems to be of the opinion that sufficient time has passed since then and that our world is therefore likely to be ready for another of attempt of spreading mass hysteria. I hope that even in these fast living days people have not forgotten how previous artificially whipped up pandemics disappeared without mass vaccinations being carried out in the end. I believe that this was possible because not sufficient numbers of us can be led by their noses and are willing to run with the herd to have themselves vaccinated with the costly products of the pharmaceutical industry. To assist anyone who is in need of making up their mind about the present flu scare, let’s reflect on what happened during some of the previous ones.

Those who are familiar with my work know that increasing public awareness is its only aim. As explained in the previous chapter ‘The Effects of Pluto in Capricorn’, we live in times when nothing remains hidden from public view for very long. The scandals that are revealed everywhere are ample proof of this. No-one has the right, in my view, to pull the wool over our eyes and get away with it. I am willing to do all that is in my power to prevent these things. Let the pens of those who have been granted the gift of writing be mightier than the sword. May the living spirit within guide us to use them as swords of truth that cut through the layers of deception, to reveal the true intentions of those behind the scenario. The only gain I hope to find is that someone ‘out there’ – hopefully more and more of them – can be helped to look through all creeping manifestations of evil, to enable them by giving a loud and clear ‘No!’ to join the ranks of those who prefer to work with the forces of light.

Many branches of the pharmaceutical industry in the past undoubtedly have been among the great benefactors or humankind. Yet, it seems to me that the deeper our world sinks into the experience of materialism and the stronger the greed element rises to the surface of life, the more some parts of this industry are turning into wolves in sheep’s clothing. This is particularly noticeable with regard to vaccinations against all types of influenza. The first one developed was against the common flu, the second one the Bird Flu and the most recent one the Swine Flu.

One of my friends lives in Basel, Switzerland, the home of La Roche Pharmaceutical Industries. Having made it her business to investigate this matter, she writes as follows: ‘Tamiflu is the name of the serum against Swine Flu. It is the baby of La Roche, a company in which Donald Rumsfeld owns a big stake. The serum against swine flu was originally developed in New Zealand as a serum against bird flu, which also turned out to be ineffective. At the time of the bird flu scare, La Roche bought the licence to produce it under the name Tamiflu. Ever since, La Roche has been sitting on vast quantities of this serum and great stock piles of it also existed in the USA. And then someone came up with the brilliant idea of marketing this product against swine flu.

‘Roche stated that the US is their prime target, with fifty million shots sold at one billion dollars last week. Stock holders are thrilled. That none of these so called flu shots have been tested does not seem to matter to anyone. You don’t fuss in the middle of a world Pandemic! Created by whom? The videos of doctors, who have spoken up against mandatory shots, for example one in Austria, can be viewed on u-tube.’The three articles above are by Dr. Joseph Mercola, whose mission is to bring people practical solutions to their health problems. A New York Times Best Selling Author, he is the author of the ‘No-Grain Diet’ and ‘Take Control of Your Health’. He has also been featured in TIME magazine, LA Times, CNN, Fox News, ABC News with Peter Jennings, Today Show and other major media resources. The remaining items also each has its own poignant tale to tell:

Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    The three articles above are by Dr. Joseph Mercola, whose mission is to bring people practical solutions to their health problems.
    From a writing perspective, I find the articles listed as 'suggested reading' detract from any impact the rest of the piece might have made. First, you only use one source author which indicates bias. Second, Mercola is a businessman. He markets untested supplements and devices for his own profit using unsubstantiated claims and 'scare tactics.'[1]

Not only that, the FDA has warned Dr Mercola about his ineffectual and dangerous tactics. [2]

I find a best practice to not cite a reference unless it is either a reputable source of information or comes from a scientific journal. Citing a business person about things he/she is clearly biased on lends no credence to the claims and appropriately invites skepticism.

My thought of the day is to vet your sources, to look at the motivations of the people who preach the latest and the greatest to you, and always follow the money. There are few people in this world who act entirely without self-interest. All business people are deceiving you at some level, it's called marketing.

To use a silly example, is Joe's pizza really "the best in the state?" Ok Joe, show me the proof. Where are the double blind taste tests, etc? Where are the awards?

Assumption and belief are highly dangerous when it comes to health care. I do not mean to say that Western medicine is the be-all and end-all, there are many forms of medicine that have shown value and even the placebo effect is a valid medical treatment (this has been scientifically proven) however when you believe in 'alternative' medicine you need you remember that 'alternative' is, in this context, a euphemism for untried and untested. Western medicine has its clear limits and as we learn more about the mind-body connection and its importance to overall health hopefully the narrow, post-Victorian vision of Western medicine will keep expanding. BUT, the fact that Western medicine has its limits does not mean that every 'alternative' practice or practitioner is anything more than snake oil and empty promises.

Critical thinking has never been more important than now, in the disinformation age.

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20090706...523_063274.htm

[2] https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifes...425-story.html
    "When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

"Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

To Jab Or Not To Jab – Part Two

The Driving Force Behind The Pandemic

By the time of writing this at the end of July 2009, the pharmaceutical industry in my view had clearly revealed itself as the driving force behind the health-scare that was proudly announced by the mass media as – at that time – reaching ‘Pandemic’ proportions. Having become far too powerful and influential for their own good, this industry and its offshoots irresponsibly created the present monstrosity and the mass media obligingly did the rest by systematically whipping people into an all-time frenzy of fear. Not surprisingly, the pace accelerated at the beginning of what has traditionally always been considered to be the ‘silly season’ by the media people.

As the outbreak of the Bird Flu of recent years revealed in smaller measure, the pharmaceutical industry and the mass media do not hesitate to ruthlessly join forces to manipulate the mass of people when business worth billions of Pounds/Dollars/Euros is at stake. That is too great a temptation to resist. How appropriate is the name of the present outbreak when many of those in charge of our world, in all different walks of life, are behaving like – it has to be spelled out – swine at the trough?

Being on the healer’s pathway, i.e. of ever increasing spiritual awareness requires that we live in accordance with the knowledge we are finding. So, how do we react to this latest crisis and what is the best way of dealing with it? Let us approach the matter by looking into its background, in the hope of finding a better understanding of the forces behind this latest scare. First of all it is comforting to know that the Swine flu virus is no stronger than that of the common flu strain and that, if one does not wish to catch the Swine Flu, the vaccination should be avoided. To keep us safe from contracting it from our fellow citizens, we need to remind ourselves that thought is the most powerful force in the whole of Creation; that at all times, with the help of our thoughts, each one of us creates their own reality; and that negative thinking of any kind attracts to us the very conditions we wish to avoid.
    Last edited by Aquarius; February 6th, 2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Who Is Blind?
    Who is dumb?
    Who is poor?
    Who is rich?

Anon.

if one does not wish to catch the Swine Flu, the vaccination should be avoided. To keep us safe from contracting it from our fellow citizens, we need to remind ourselves that thought is the most powerful force in the whole of Creation; that at all times, with the help of our thoughts, each one of us creates their own reality; and that negative thinking of any kind attracts to us the very conditions we wish to avoid.
    Whilst I do not believe that the large pharmaceutical companies are beyond reproach I think recommending people to avoid vaccines is grossly irresponsible. Preventative vaccination has saved many more lives than curative medicine, not only by preventing the people vaccinated from catching the disease, but by protecting those they might have infected. There will always be a certain number of people who can not be vaccinated, or for whom the vaccine will not work, if the person with the disease can only pass it on to one or fewer people though the disease will die out, we managed that with smallpox. We have almost done it with several other diseases, but because of things like religious bigotry, fear, and misinformation from self aggrandising individuals we have recently seen a rise in diseases like mumps, measles, rubella and polio.

We should be working not only in our own countries but world wide to eradicate diseases. No civilisation will last forever, even Hitler only expected his Reich to last a thousand years, and even if we do not suffer from them here, now it would not be improbable that diseases such as polio, malaria and leprosy would return to haunt our descendants.

In terms of the current threat it is worth remembering that washing hands a minimum of six times a day reduces the chances of catching ordinary flu hugely, I can't remember the statistic, but it was something like sixty percent I believe. I reckon if you do it after every visit to the lavatory and before every time you eat anything that is most of six.

Flu virus survives well on surfaces, you touch them, then put your hand to your mouth. Possibly the biggest benefit wearing a mask would give would be reminding you not to do that. I have been told by people that "Everyone who goes to India gets a tummy bug, it's unavoidable". My missus has been four times now, not had one. Normally she bites her nails, but when she comes back they are grown, "You just don't put your hands near your face in a place like that, and use hand gel whenever you eat or go round a public place where you touch things like handrails."

Good basic hygiene is the best bet for avoiding infection until a good vaccine is developed, but if you do wear a mask make sure it fits well, and remember it is there to catch stuff, so dispose of it carefully, it is a potential source of infection.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    By the time of writing this at the end of July 2009, the pharmaceutical industry in my view had clearly revealed itself as the driving force behind the health-scare that was proudly announced by the mass media as – at that time – reaching ‘Pandemic’ proportions. Having become far too powerful and influential for their own good, this industry and its offshoots irresponsibly created the present monstrosity and the mass media obligingly did the rest by systematically whipping people into an all-time frenzy of fear.

The pharmaceutical companies make their money from treating ailments, they have no desire to prevent one. If any big-phram was to cure diabetes or cancer, they would be shot by the remaining pharmaceutical companies.