Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Old Dog - New Tricks

  1. #11
    Seductive Artist of Words Articulate Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    The Big NYC
    Posts
    55
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hello Plaidman!

    It's nice to see a fellow newbie on this site. I have been writing on and off for many years now. As an avid reader myself, I always wanted to create my own stories, so I can definitely relate to the need to make something new and exciting!

    That being said, are there any books you could recommend that are your favorites? I am always trying to look for new things to read and I would love to share some favorites!

    Enjoy your time on the site, it was nice seeing you!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate Lady View Post
    That being said, are there any books you could recommend that are your favorites? I am always trying to look for new things to read and I would love to share some favorites!
    Hello there Articulate Lady!

    What genres are you most interested in reading? I enjoy mysteries, fantasy and sci-fi mostly. But I also enjoy other things including some historic non-fiction.

  3. #13
    Seductive Artist of Words Articulate Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    The Big NYC
    Posts
    55
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaidman View Post
    Hello there Articulate Lady!

    What genres are you most interested in reading? I enjoy mysteries, fantasy and sci-fi mostly. But I also enjoy other things including some historic non-fiction.
    Hello there Plaidman!

    I enjoy a lot of science fiction these days and fantasy. What books would you recommend?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate Lady View Post
    Hello there Plaidman!

    I enjoy a lot of science fiction these days and fantasy. What books would you recommend?
    As for science fiction, I recently read through the Space Odyssey series by Arthur C. Clarke. I enjoyed it. There are 4 books in the series. They are pretty well written and raise some interesting questions. Also, a while back I read a book called Leviathan Wake. It is the first book in the Expanse series by James S.A. Corey. It is what I would call "hard science fiction". I found it pretty enjoyable, although I haven't continued the series because my reading mood shifted elsewhere. I will probably go back to it again some time though. If you want science fiction with humor, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. I will warn you though, it is British humor. Some people don't appreciate it. I love it.

    In the fantasy genre, I am currently reading The Wise Man's Fear. It is the second book of The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss. The series is a pretty entertaining mix of magic, adventure, science with just a touch of romance thrown in. If you want something that isn't quite so "sword and sorcery" that I consider fantasy, you could try the author Neil Gaiman. I have enjoyed many of books such as The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neverwhere, American Gods, Anansi Boys, etc. etc. He has written a lot of excellent books (and graphic novels, screen plays, short stories and probably checks). If you want fantasy with some humor, you could try any of the books of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. There are well over 30 books in the overall series. Within the series, there are several sub-series. I get a good bit of enjoyment out of reading them.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unites States
    Posts
    41
    Welcome dear fellow,i can't wait to read your posts.I really think that you will fit in here just right.
    Keep reading and get on writing.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by albertjacc View Post
    Welcome dear fellow,i can't wait to read your posts.I really think that you will fit in here just right.
    Keep reading and get on writing.

    Thanks!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •