Reflection - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reflection

Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    Why do I run away
    Why do I hide my face
    Could It really be
    That I am someone else
    In the mirror, That is not me. Here you are saying that you do NOT recognize yourself
    Who am I
    I am but a shadow of*
    The person I used to be. ** AGAIN, you are saying that you do not look like yourself
    Who is she in the mirror*** Here, you are asking "Who IS she in the mirror.... so again, you don't know WHO you are looking at... so, how, in the last line, can she look like you?
    Why does she look like me
    Now, in this last line you are saying she looks like YOU... can you see where this is confusing, and does not make sense... so, yeah! A poem DOES need to be LOGICAL in THAT respect, Nellie...
    Last edited by Firemajic; September 4th, 2017 at 06:18 PM.
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Fowly,

Thanks for clearing up. Those little click responses leave huge gaps & can lead to misunderstandings. I've not seen you respond to suggestions. Please know, they are only suggestions. We respect the poet as final authority. There is no offense, if suggestions aren't taken. Really.

Blog Entries
    lol I sometimes respond to suggestions but not always. This is the first time someone has gotten after me for not responding. I didn't know it was a rule?
    Boop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Now, in this last line you are saying she looks like YOU... can you see where this is confusing, and does not make sense... so, yeah! A poem DOES NEED TO BR LOGICAL in THAT respect, Nellie...
    Wow. Why are you capping? If you guys are going to be fighting over the piece of meat I threw. I'll take it away. I will. xD
    Boop

Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    Wow. Why are you capping? If you guys are going to be fighting over the piece of meat I threw. I'll take it away. I will. xD
    I took away the caps... is that less offensive? as for your "piece of meat" ....exactly.... THAT is the point... you must not understand the function of the poetry thread....
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I was wondering what you see in that mirror, not some non-specifics, that would cause a person to run away.
    I have no idea lmao I wrote this when I was like Fifteen. I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I'd get so maybe I could decide if I wanted to write new poetry. So far people have gotten flustered over it so I don't know. xD
    Boop

Blog Entries
    I took away the caps... is that less offensive? as for your "piece of meat" ....exactly.... THAT is the point... you must not understand the function of the poetry thread....
    Don't worry about me. I'm not offended. Obviously, you are. I swear are all people on this site as passive aggressive as you? I noticed it awhile back with how you write but I dismissed it because maybe I was wrong. Trying to give people a chance.

P.S. The piece of meat bit was a joke : P (i wasn't serious dont kill me )
    Boop

Blog Entries
    Constructive Criticism: Try acting a little bit more professional with your peers. Nellie didn't deserve that treatment and neither do I.
    Boop

Now, in this last line you are saying she looks like YOU... can you see where this is confusing, and does not make sense... so, yeah! A poem DOES need to be LOGICAL in THAT respect, Nellie...

Maybe she looks like the same person on the outside, but on the inside she's someone else. It DOES make sense to ME, Firemajic!

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    Maybe she looks like the same person on the outside, but on the inside she's someone else. It DOES make sense to ME, Firemajic!

Huh? how can you see the difference on the INSIDE, by looking in a mirror......
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast