What is your favorite Horror Movie - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Horror Movie

Quote Originally Posted by KenTR View Post
    Have you seen "Re-Animator"?
    I have, it's a great film. There are many other great Lovercraft based films as well such as; From Beyond and Necronomicon among others. Dagon just seemed the most complete to me. Plus "Shadow over Innsmouth" is one of my favourite Lovercraft stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bard_Daniel View Post
    The Shining was also great.
    Gah, I hated The Shining.

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post

I've heard these are good but haven't seen them: Inside, The Mouth of Madness, Deadgirl.
    Watch In The Mouth of Madness immediately; it is extremely good and possibly the scariest horror movie I've seen.

My favorites: Evil Dead 2, Hellraiser, The Thing--probably in that order. There's also a special place in my heart for Nightmare on Elm Street even though the very end was kind of terrible. Deathgasm leans closer to the comedy side on the comedy-horror spectrum, but it probably counts. Susperia is another very good but lesser-known movie.
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

I don't think I've rooted for a protagonist harder than I did for Nancy in Nightmare on Elm Street. That movie's also got some gorgeous, hyper-surreal scenes that just stick with you. Plus Heather Langenkamp is intense wife material.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4387780ad8f57dd9aaba62bd411fe4ce.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	24256
    God she's gorgeous. I should make that my avatar.

It's great to see how much attention Evil Dead 2 is getting. Probably my favorite movie ever. Grimy, bloody, intensely atmospheric, and very funny. Inspired a ton good music as well. In the horror-comedy vein, I'd also like to mention Tremors since no one else has. Hicks in a dirtball town fight GIANT WORMS and it's wonderful. Plus Egg Shen from Big Trouble in Little China is in it!
    Dead by Dawn!

Quote Originally Posted by BornForBurning View Post

It's great to see how much attention Evil Dead 2 is getting. Probably my favorite movie ever. Grimy, bloody, intensely atmospheric, and very funny. Inspired a ton good music as well. In the horror-comedy vein, I'd also like to mention Tremors since no one else has. Hicks in a dirtball town fight GIANT WORMS and it's wonderful. Plus Egg Shen from Big Trouble in Little China is in it!
    Horror-comedy is another matter. Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, anything else with Bruce Campbell in it. Plus, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, and Cabin in the Woods.
    "Ammonia will disinfect sin."
    --adrianhayter

"Art is life, just add bull****."
    --Chris Miller

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried007 View Post
    Horror-comedy is another matter. Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, anything else with Bruce Campbell in it. Plus, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, and Cabin in the Woods.
    Horror comedy is great as long as there is a proper balance. Gruesome violence mixed with humor increases the potency of both. If you can tolerate 80's low-budget horror, check out "Basket Case".

I've watched few horror movies...like, none. Ha. But the two I've watched are Gremlins and Tremors. Yes, Gremlins. If you haven't heard of Tremors, watch it. It's pretty great.

Blog Entries
    I don't think anyone has mentioned Event Horizon. Man, that one stays with you.
    You never actually "see" the evil. It just manifests itself in others.
    "Are you talking about Hell!?"
    "Oh no. Hell is just a word..."
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

I have a love/hate relationship with Cannibal Holocaust. I hate a great many parts of it and love others.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content

I don't think anyone has mentioned Event Horizon. Man, that one stays with you.
    It has problems, but I still liked it. Sam Neill's performance is great. The sets and effects are amazing. And that one moment where the doctor almost snaps and cuts the guy's throat is really good. But the script is extremely subpar. Especially the dialog. Funny black man was an awful, awful character. And Lawrence Fishburne did a lot of repeating the plot back after it was explained to him. Sucks they cut the really gratuitous stuff, I think it has some of the most twisted gore effects ever put to film.
    Still, best 40k fan film ever made imo "A dimension of pure chaos..."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samneillnoeyes.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	25083
    Dead by Dawn!

Blog Entries
    If we're just looking at movies from the past 30 or so years, here are a few I could recommend:

The Conjuring
    The Others
    Insidious

Dinner's ready. Gotta go!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast