Tales from another time

Thread: Tales from another time

Tales from another time

They hunt us for our skins. They might even get a boot out of one if they like the hairs. We live in a place called the Ughondo Dhongo other wise the street. Some of us are homeless others leave their house day to day and congregate under bridges and behind supermarkets while yet others of us are on the daily commute shopping or to and from work.
    My mother comes from denver, from there you can see out into the western ocean and you can sense the songs of the protogenic beasts that dwell there. It takes a mind to do this. A very long mind like the sense of the protogenic beasts i speak of. Almost like their song it can be turned on and off and comes from the center of the forehead in a cylindrical blast that can be used to see objects and places of memory from off.
    My father comes from across the sea, we aren't sure of where or how he got his last name, perhaps they were wanderers in ancient times as well as in modern and never settled down to call a land home.They are both white this is strange because my mother comes from america, and my father comes from across the sea.
    I'm not sure of where they come from really its just my sense of things.
    Any way the leather hunters those that hunt us for our skins, we don't know where they come from maybe the sky or another dimension, i don't even know what they look like. Perhaps there are not many of them and knowledge of them is scarce.
    I have wandered much in my life although i haven't been wandering long, I have been wandering now for two years and have come pretty far. I have wandered before never so far as i have this time and only twice, like this time i left twice and returned twice, i will be home soon i have a ride in a bus some nice citizens bought me a ticket for. When i get there the war will begin, a war against the skin hunters that use us for leather.

What kind of writing is this? It is complete? If i wrote more of these perhaps longer would it be possible to get them published all together in a book?
    Last edited by Dayshayde; September 2nd, 2017 at 05:14 PM.
    If one in a thousand men are found to have strong discipline they must be slain for they have attained the power to commanding their destiny to which end nothing is beyond their grasp...Sun Tzu The Art of War

And a Gate will open and outforth he shall be called the way....
    Translation from the Lost book of EgyptiansHidden Content

The year is 52,741 this is the year that i become a king, I become a king today. Today my father was killed in a fight against the sky people. I will move from my hunting lodge to the castle before the mountains. Where i will command a tribe of people that harnessed the power of steel long ago when coal was discovered by the ancients. The sky people live out from the mountains in a forest where they manage their crops and load their sky machines with the things they harvest. They have never shown aggression toward us and they are peaceful enough, however a sense of pride must be managed here. With our swords we will drive the sky people back where they come from and off of their humble plantations and we will end the myth of the ancients that the sky people had been around since the time before language and thought.Today i become a king.
    If one in a thousand men are found to have strong discipline they must be slain for they have attained the power to commanding their destiny to which end nothing is beyond their grasp...Sun Tzu The Art of War

There is another one. Are these short stories or what are they?

The tomato tree was blooming, it had been planted long ago. There was no telling how old it or this planet was. We had been for countless ages, other planets were colonized they would tell us long ago before the loss of knowledge. I wondered sometimes if the tomato tree was genetically engineered or evolved. Evolved such a stubborn word, how long would something like that take. If it was genetically engineered it could be a tree or whatever from whatever it came from almost instantly as it grew anyway i would think

You're basically explaining pieces of information from a story in your head. Alone, these paragraphs have no actual story to them, but if you spewed a bunch of them out and did some editing they could become something.

It's important to remember that your story is for the reader (if you're sharing it). Your writing needs to be understood by whoever reads it.

It needs a beginning, middle and end. Characters, situations, settings. Sounds simple but it takes practice.

Otherwise, it seems you have a nice imagination. Keep working at it.