Which SOCIAL MEDIA provides the Biggest Responses when Promoting your Books? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Has anyone tried instagram or Snapchat or one of the younger trend social medias? I'm thinking of getting into them but wondering if it's worth it.

  2. #12
    I did a promotion thing for my book of FB once and got about 50 likes, a few laughs (which I assumed to be people who didn't like it) and 5 loves. Twitter, I get two likes, maybe one retweet. So I'm going to go with Facebook for now. If you present something that catches the reader, you will definitely get some responses. When I did that one promotional thing, I only used about 50 dollars and got that response.

    I'm curious to see how much of a response I can get with four times that amount.
    |Stories and whatnot. |
    .
    .
    .
    .
    D.Clarke.Books





  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSteele View Post
    Has anyone tried instagram or Snapchat or one of the younger trend social medias? I'm thinking of getting into them but wondering if it's worth it.
    If you are a picture-taking or picture embedding kind of guy, Instagram might work for you. Snap chat I am completely unfamiliar with.
    |Stories and whatnot. |
    .
    .
    .
    .
    D.Clarke.Books





  4. #14
    Great topic and discussion! Very informative for a new author. Iím going to start on LinkedIn and FB and see where it goes! Thank you!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DeClarke View Post
    I did a promotion thing for my book of FB once and got about 50 likes, a few laughs (which I assumed to be people who didn't like it) and 5 loves. Twitter, I get two likes, maybe one retweet. So I'm going to go with Facebook for now. If you present something that catches the reader, you will definitely get some responses. When I did that one promotional thing, I only used about 50 dollars and got that response.

    I'm curious to see how much of a response I can get with four times that amount.
    Do you have any idea how many (if any) of those responses translated into book sales?

    I think too often we get caught up with thinking that a response to our promotion is what we want, but really, there's only one response that helps us pay for the expense of the advertising. If people don't buy the product, what's the use of the ad?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayview View Post
    Do you have any idea how many (if any) of those responses translated into book sales?

    I think too often we get caught up with thinking that a response to our promotion is what we want, but really, there's only one response that helps us pay for the expense of the advertising. If people don't buy the product, what's the use of the ad?

    Amazon's advertising actually gives you the sales stats.
    But the times I tried it I lost money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.