Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test Patterns Open Subs

Hey! Also...we're going to do a SECOND VOLUME. So many excellent submissions have come in that we're going to do another in the springtime.
    Right now, 20 of the 25 spots have been filled. Get in the pool while you can!
    I just saw the cover art...will share when I can!

Help support good writing: Test Patterns.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Due to overwhelming response, we've closed this volume to submissions. Volume Two will be accepting subs in the spring of 2018.

Two WF writers made the cut, out of 114 total submissions. Good work!

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Test Patterns final Table of Contents:

1. Joe Pulver – AI Susan Dream
    2. Scott Graves – Evidence of Absence
    3. William Tea -- I Am Become Death
    4. Philip Fracassi – The Judge
    5. Sarah Walker – The Snake Beneath My Skin
    6. Ashley Dioses – The Hands of Chaos*
    7. Peter Rawlik – The Nomenclature of Unutterable Horrors
    8. SL Edwards – Golden Girl
    9. Brian O’Connell -- Scenes From a Forgotten Diorama
    10. Jill Hand – You Can’t Go Wrong With Grass-Fed Beef
    11. Ruth Asch -- Abettor*
    12. Pete Carter – Work Group
    13. Sean M. Thompson – The Cliffside Tavern
    14. Nathan Carson – The Velveteen Volvo
    15. Frederick J. Mayer – Outre Non-limitations*
    16. Frederick J. Mayer -- The Kumiho Question
    17. Can Wiggins – I’ve Lived in This Place a Long Time
    18. Frank Coffman – The White Terror
    19. John Claude Smith – Symptom of the Universe
    20. Scott J Couturier – Sustenance of the Stars
    21. RF Martin – Alien Shore
    22. Adam Bolivar – Ye Hermit’s Lay*
    23. Don Webb – Bridge
    24. Russell Smeaton – Balls
    25. Matthew M Bartlett – Call Me Corey
    26. Cody Goodfellow – Hero Mother
    27. Mark Rainey – Red-Eye
    28. KA Opperman – Sťance*
    29. Duane Pesice – Looking for Ghosts
    *denotes poetic work

Congratulations are in order to one and all. The anthology should be available by Hallowe'en.
    Last edited by moderan; September 12th, 2017 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    Hey! Also...we're going to do a SECOND VOLUME. So many excellent submissions have come in that we're going to do another in the springtime.
    Right now, 20 of the 25 spots have been filled. Get in the pool while you can!
    I just saw the cover art...will share when I can!
    Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    Due to overwhelming response, we've closed this volume to submissions. Volume Two will be accepting subs in the spring of 2018.

Two WF writers made the cut, out of 114 total submissions. Good work!
    When I put these together, I get that the opening in the spring will be for five slots? Or did I miss something?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by ppsage View Post
    When I put these together, I get that the opening in the spring will be for five slots? Or did I miss something?
    Missed something. The second volume will be entirely new. The five slots were available for volume 1 -- they've been filled. In fact we filled nine slots, going over budget slightly.

Apologies if the language was misleading. There will be 25 available slots for Test Patterns Volume Two, if and when that happens. The determining factor will be sales -- if we sell enough to break even, we'll do it again.

Okay. Probably just my tortured reading comprehension. I have the teaser. One story really synched with me and the other stories and poems proved quite instructive, which is even more rewarding. Will be contributing enough for the paperback soon's I get up the scratch. Very encouraging to see this project going through and thanks to everybody who's making it happen.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

The Teaser is a nice cross-section of the type of content and level of professionalism in the anthology. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12