I Count Sheep - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Count Sheep

I tend to give lots of lee-way around here. Temperamental, fartsy types... Geniuses, idiot savants, tightly wound retentives, the mentally 'augmented'( or gifted), and others, take your pick. Projection is common, everywhere, including here, as is sometimes not knowing what to say, how to respond, or, in my case, trampling egg-shells in abandon. Crunch, crunch.

I say there is much growing up to do in WF. Lack of courtesy is one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Temperamental, fartsy types
    I read this as "temperamental fantasy types" and damn near beseeched (besooch?) the dark heavens to smite ya

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

I struggled to find a connection to counting sheep. I understand it as counting sheep. It seems so 'normal' , not threatening or dark as compared to the rest. Perhaps that was the point, that ultimately the speaker finds a way to sleep by the ordinary.

Thank goodness I don't recognise myself in that list.

I am open to your slings and arrows, and/or peltings by rotten fruit. I deserve all. Now then, let us be-track this thread to its proper course rather than derail.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyknight1 View Post
    I never responded to any of your comments? I simply clicked the "like" button...

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

Actually you clicked the "LOL" option several times... LOL= laugh out loud.... and that is confusing to someone offering you serious critique on your work.
    Maybe your intentions were not meant to be rude, but that is exactly how it sounded, but since you explained, I am good with that.
    The Poetry thread is a place to post your work and receive helpful feedback and honest critique... hopefully you want to improve your skills, any serious poet/writer should always strive to improve, and the critiques given, are given for that reason. Feel free to ask questions and open a dialogue about your work... and of course it is nice if you offer your thoughts on other poet's work, it will be appreciated...and last, but not least, thank the members who cared enough to read your work and who offered you insight and feedback...
    This poem shows remarkable talent and creativity....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebald View Post
    Ricky. Buddy. People aren't gonna wanna critique you if you act like this.

Sas might have put a whole morning into your poem. A day. It deserves more than a Like click.
    Read the comments above because that's not the issue here, it has nothing to do with the art or the critique. SAS crossed the line with me when he accused me of something that is false, which is why I went out of my way to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Please accept my sincere apologies, my goals, as a Mentor are to offer you encouragement, support and inspiration...
    The problem is SAS thought I responded "LOL" to which I replied no I didnt, now Firemajic you've commented on my work before and I always respond. And I know you can tell that I've been improving even if it is little by little. SAS thought I made a comment which I didn't and that's what ALL of this is about. I appreciate the fact that you find me worthy to be mentored by you, and I promise to get better

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Ricky, The first response from you was just LOL. I don't mind those, but there wasn't anything funny. I waited for your response, as assumed you accidentally clicked it. Only later did "like" show up, but still no real response, or thank you (I see you knew how to say thank you to Potolomy), to my workshop efforts. I am not a mentor here, for a reason. I can say what's on my mind. I'm not apologizing.
    The issue is you're upset because I didn't respond to every single post including yours and for that I'm sorry, I will try harder next time to respond to all of them. I want you to know I've taken all of your advice into consideration. So please, do not read my actions as "rude" because that is far from the truth, and I hope we can put this behind us and get back to writing with the talents that God has given us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast