Do More Book Website Visits = More Book Sales?

Thread: Do More Book Website Visits = More Book Sales?

Question Do More Book Website Visits = More Book Sales?

QUESTION: Do more book website visits equal more book sales?

At the beginning of this year, I noticed a connection between my books' website visits and the monthly number of sales (note: both of my books are sold via Amazon, BN and other websites, but NOT directly from my website). For example, when I posted popular articles on my site (e.g., how much does it cost to self-publish), my website visits increased significantly and so did my book sales (at least for the following few weeks). So I drew the logical conclusion that webpage visits have a direct correlation to book sales.

Fast forward to now (May 2017) and my book sales have noticeably increased over the past month or so while my book's website hits have been lackluster over the same period of time. I cannot fully explain why my book sales have jumped in recent weeks... it could be due to a number of factors (recently received favorable reviews on Amazon, my recently posts on social media rec'd hundreds of views and dozens of likes/comments, AMS ads seem to be getting lots of clicks lately, etc.). But for whatever reason, my increased book sales of late do NOT appear to correlate to the number of website visits during the same period of time.

I'd be interested to hear from other authors who have noticed if website visits have a strongly correlation to your book sales, and why do you think that is.
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyboy_esq View Post
    QUESTION: Do more book website visits equal more book sales?

At the beginning of this year, I noticed a connection between my books' website visits and the monthly number of sales (note: both of my books are sold via Amazon, BN and other websites, but NOT directly from my website). For example, when I posted popular articles on my site (e.g., how much does it cost to self-publish), my website visits increased significantly and so did my book sales (at least for the following few weeks). So I drew the logical conclusion that webpage visits have a direct correlation to book sales.

Fast forward to now (May 2017) and my book sales have noticeably increased over the past month or so while my book's website hits have been lackluster over the same period of time. I cannot fully explain why my book sales have jumped in recent weeks... it could be due to a number of factors (recently received favorable reviews on Amazon, my recently posts on social media rec'd hundreds of views and dozens of likes/comments, AMS ads seem to be getting lots of clicks lately, etc.). But for whatever reason, my increased book sales of late do NOT appear to correlate to the number of website visits during the same period of time.

I'd be interested to hear from other authors who have noticed if website visits have a strongly correlation to your book sales, and why do you think that is.
    =======================

Normally they would mean that. Unless your site somehow turned the buyer off and generated a negative reaction.

All the marketing books I have seen say you need a web site. One says a web site for you, your publishing company, and each of your books.

The web site works best if you attract people to build your mailing list by providing other useful content andor blog.