New mentor: JustRob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mentor: JustRob

New mentor: JustRob

All,

I'm happy to announce the latest addition to our elite mentoring force. Many of you will already know JustRob from his posts here over the past two years. Most recently, he's been helping to revamp the Beta Readers sub-forum, and will continue to focus on that area as a newly-minted mentor.

Please join me in welcoming him to the team!

HC
    My novels Hidden Content , Hidden Content and Hidden Content are available from Amazon

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

You can find me on Twitter: Hidden Content

Welcome to the Dark Side, Rob. You'll do great in the Beta Readers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

A fine pick for purple.

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

So I've changed from yellow to purple. I'm lost for words. No, I mean that quite literally. Is this change complementary or complimentary?

So, now is the time for mild-mannered JustRob to transform into his superhero alter ego (with the emphasis definitely on "ego") Justin Thyme, who with his faithful sidekick Angel will continue the fight against mediocre writing in the name of long-suffering readers!

Er ... sorry, I got a bit carried away there. Are you sure you've got the right person for the job? Was that title "mentor" or "mental"?
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Congrats and welcome!
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

well done
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I'm glad we are going to be fellow mentors! : D

Welcome to the team!

There are some who find my "Justin Thyme" superhero alter ego less than impressive. I received an email from my angel, who is also a WF member, addressed to "Just (waste of) Thyme". At least I think that's what it read as it seems to have been deleted somehow now.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Congratulations on your new job

My JustRob's gone and left me
    For the dark side he is bound
    Da management have lured him
    In the staff room he'll be found

A beta readers mentor now
    He's become my boss l guess
    Just watch his verbal diarrhoea
    Or he'll make an awful mess

He's more or less unstoppable
    As his thoughts begin to flow
    There's no way to control him