Share alternative music (Punk, Post-punk, Shoegaze, Indie etc.) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Share alternative music (Punk, Post-punk, Shoegaze, Indie etc.)

Newest Sun Araw album here. It's quite a trippy listen, although a lot more structured than his other albums. I don't really know what genre to call his stuff.

Lots of shoegaze elements in there. Perhaps too much for my taste, but it's certainly different.

Yeah, I'd say his stuff is more psychedelic than shoegaze. It's certainly not for anyone (some might even find his stuff boring), but I've been a fan of his for quite some time.

Very dreamlike. It's surprising considering their first album has one of the most nightmarish songs to date. This is like a complete 180 from Frankie Teardrop, if it's even fair to compare the two.

Yeah, obviously psychedelic too. But shoegaze often is. I was listening to the guitars for the most part, looots of pedals there. Anyway, if you like Sun Araw I think you'll like Durutti Column. It's obvious Sun Araw's inspired by them.

All hail Swell Maps!

Blog Entries
    I think this is the same genre you're talking about:
    I was always a Republica fan

I couldn't find a video with the lyrics. Saffron enunciates rather clearly but for her working-class London accent (even though raised in Nigeria, Singapore and China).

But if you need lyrics, here they are: https://genius.com/Republica-drop-dead-gorgeous-lyrics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123