Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Lie, To Lay, To Lie

Well done jenthepen for your contribution to the accurate use of the English language. I have started a word club with various friends and acquaintances collecting the misuse and mispronunciation of words(excluding cultural differences, although this irritates me)) It is called the Pedants' Revolt , which for those of you not familiar with British history is a pun on the Peasants' Revolt, which took place, I think, in the 15th Century.

Thanks, nelen. I'm glad I passed muster with this one.
    I write myself reminders like this poem to keep myself on track. I'm not so much a pedant revolting, more like a revolting peasant trying to write proper.
    Just starting out on the adventure of poetry? Why not try the Poetry Hill Challenge where you will receive one to one advice and suggestions for ways to work with your poem. Check it out here

My Poems

Good wordplay and a cheeky little poem. Nice work.
    Carpe Diem.

Enjoyed the light hearted ease with which the poem is written not straining too much to be overly serious. Although, I feel the poem has potential to be progressed further by extending the narrative but I appreciate the fact this poem isn't the most serious piece and is really just a 'bit of fun'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12