Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro from a newbie

Woah! That's a LOT of pets. I'm jealous. :p

Just to let you know when you arrive at ten posts you can select your profile picture and signature. At that time, you will be able to post work up for critiques and comments.

We have a Mentor Directory and some Challenges, Contests and Prompts on here. You might be interested in checking them out.

What are some of your favorite books? : D
    Carpe Diem.

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome,

Congrats on getting your manuscript to an editor and I hope the cover art does your book justice. We are a friendly and helpful bunch here at WF as I am sure you have seen already. I am also wanting to go down the selfpublishing route when my novel is finished.

Have fun exploring.

danielstj,

Yes, at times we have a lot of pets. Some days they go into stealth and find a place to settle in, on other days the zoo is running full tilt. They do make us laugh and they provide entertainment. Some days I wish we were pet free, like those days you're in a hurry to get out the door and the cat or dog decides they need to rub all over you or whatever jacket you want to wear. I guess I'm not really retired, the better half and I vacuum full time.

Books....

I like to read Adam Makos; A Higher Call, Devotion, and now reading Voices of the Pacific. I enjoy Nicholas Evans; Horse Whisperer, The Loop, The Brave. Donald Miller, Masters of the Air and my comfort books the old Louis L'Amour westerns. I also enjoy anything on bush flying in Alaska.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    Hello and welcome,

Congrats on getting your manuscript to an editor and I hope the cover art does your book justice. We are a friendly and helpful bunch here at WF as I am sure you have seen already. I am also wanting to go down the selfpublishing route when my novel is finished.

Have fun exploring.

Thanks!

Well, at least the editor didn't say stick to my consulting gig. I hope that's a plus. I have my cover completed so that's one item checked off the list. I'm looking into a few different self publishing paths. So far I like create space since I'm looking for the Kindle version to get things started and then add the publish on demand. As I told my editor, I'm not in this to make the best sellers list or get rich. I just want pilots and dreamers to expand their flight area, have fun, explore all the different locations this country has to offer. My Bride and I love to explore. As soon as I am back in the air we are going to make our way towards Waco, Texas with stops in Chattanooga and Memphis Tennessee and who knows where else along the way.

Gary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    Thanks!

Well, at least the editor didn't say stick to my consulting gig. I hope that's a plus. I have my cover completed so that's one item checked off the list. I'm looking into a few different self publishing paths. So far I like create space since I'm looking for the Kindle version to get things started and then add the publish on demand. As I told my editor, I'm not in this to make the best sellers list or get rich. I just want pilots and dreamers to expand their flight area, have fun, explore all the different locations this country has to offer. My Bride and I love to explore. As soon as I am back in the air we are going to make our way towards Waco, Texas with stops in Chattanooga and Memphis Tennessee and who knows where else along the way.

Gary
    As if you get to go flying, must be amazing seeing everything from above and to be able to travel to anywhere in the world. Sounds very informative Gary, I am more of a fantasy writer, I am just getting to the end of my novels first draft so I have not looked into all the different options out there. I would be interested in knowing how you get on with self-publishing journey and good luck with your book.

I think exploring is in any writer's blood I would love to travel more and can not wait until I can go to new places but right now I am England bound.

How are you finding WF so far?

Not 'anywhere', in the world. I only have a four seat Beechcraft Sundowner with a 4 hour range and 110 knots.

I'm documenting each step of the process along with associated costs. A fellow pilot friend is also getting close to publishing and I thought the ground work I do would help him along the way.

I am enjoying the WF, there is so much to learn and plenty of interesting challenges. I'm having fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12