Life in the slow lane - Page 4

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the slow lane

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    btw, how much was the asking price ??
    Probably in her mind, the pricing aspect was relative to recouping the cost of the wheelchair

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C'est qui.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	17634
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

At a routine visit the doc wrote out a prescription and handed it to the wife to fill for me. Remembering there was something else I needed, I told her that as long as she was going to the pharmacy I needed more rubbers. When the doc looked at me incredulously I showed him the worn rubber caps on the bottom of my canes. Strikes me that we're only simple animals, with our minds usually on our stomach, or between our legs

Site:
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries

Name:	slow1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	17722
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    See here, could you do that ??

Name:	43260.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	17785

My take on life is everything is better with real maple syrup on it.

Site:
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    See here, could you do that ??

Name:	43260.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	17785
    Nope. My fingers are so short that they barely reach my hands. I can't even snap my fingers, not that my angel would take any notice if I could. I hate it when people say "you can't make it happen just by snapping your fingers" because I know that all too well. If only I could snap my fingers; then I'd prove them wrong.

EDIT: Gosh, my brain really is in the slow lane this morning. The ability isn't just in the contortions but in taking the photograph. I should have realised that sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    At a routine visit the doc wrote out a prescription and handed it to the wife to fill for me. Remembering there was something else I needed, I told her that as long as she was going to the pharmacy I needed more rubbers. When the doc looked at me incredulously I showed him the worn rubber caps on the bottom of my canes. Strikes me that we're only simple animals, with our minds usually on our stomach, or between our legs
    A long time ago my angel related to me a story told by the manager of the chemist's shop where she used to work. A man came in and asked for "crotch rubbers" or maybe "crutch rubbers" and had to clarify that what he wanted was "rubbers for my crutches."
    Last edited by JustRob; April 26th, 2017 at 09:43 AM.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Noticed an apt explanation, "Yoga isn't about firming up your ass, but rather getting your head out of it."

Site:
    Hidden Content

We saw a surreal sight while walking home from the shops today, real weeds growing in an artificial lawn. So much for low maintenance gardens. Accept it, you can't beat nature.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

I'm a bit slow, but when I opened my iPad today I noticed that with the time of day it also tells me what the weather outside is. What, have we gotten to the point where we don't even look out the window anymore?

Felt lately like I'm losing it, but my mind must be working after a fashion because I had the insight that I've never had it One of those things one may eventually realize if they're not too subjective.

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put them in a fruit salad.

Site:
    Hidden Content