Life in the slow lane - Page 2

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the slow lane

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    OR... or it does not matter now...
    It's when your autopilot is ahead of your conscious self. As to memories, I recall childhood times on the reservation when the natural world seemed well, but can't remember if I wiped five minutes ago.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

When you're looking for something to go/be wrong, life will accommodate.

Site:
    Hidden Content

Needing to get out, last summer I headed down the road to visit a friend. I didn't get halfway before I was pulled over. The cop, a local boy, said I could get killed being on the road in a wheelchair. He didn't like it when I said less people would get hurt if they weren't always in such a hurry to go nowhere, and we'd all get along better if we possessed any real consideration.

What I find most abhorrent is how some steer to intentionally hit wildlife. "How dare that wild turkey trespass on my road," is a prime example of why our liminal thread in the web of life is shortening at an accelerated rate.

Site:
    Hidden Content

the other day on the radio they had a phone in about the good side of getting old and the bad...it was so funny to listen to..stuff like appreciating a sunset was a plus and having to sit down to put your socks on was a minus....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    the other day on the radio they had a phone in about the good side of getting old and the bad...it was so funny to listen to..stuff like appreciating a sunset was a plus and having to sit down to put your socks on was a minus....
    Sock story reminded me that I lift my foot up to edge of countertop to tie my laces. At 72, I know I can kick even a tall person's ass. I'm 5 ft. Ha.

you remind of mrs nailer who use to play the spoons in the local pub on a sunday afternoon and finish of with a cartwheel..she was a good age
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    It gets even funnier when you have to ask others to put your socks on. Most of the time I go without socks. I've got a hooked stick I can get my pants on with. I guess when I can't do that I won't wear pants

Site:
    Hidden Content

Got a DM on Twitter where the person said they'd posted a review of my book, and would appreciate my doing the same for them. On the surface, if one is honest in their review, there's nothing wrong with the person asking me to do the same. Here though, it was posted as anonymous, and said "someone" had given their boys the book and they liked it. I doubt very seriously whether they even read the preview. Seems to me another circumvent in tallying up reviews to get Amazon to "feature" a book.

Way too many go about life competing to be the criminal rather than the victim [Bertrand Russell quote], which is blatantly exemplified in today's goings on. I'm thankful I was reared in the culture I was, where respectful coexistence with all life forms was the foundation. I asked Amazon to take the review down, and will sleep better having done so.

On another note, when my daughter and grandson visited last weekend, she told me it's amazing to be getting beyond the dense stage of life, and begin to really understand just how little we really know. Made me very proud, especially in her getting there quicker than I did. Also, I not only got my grandson "Snugs The Snow Bear," but also his own copy of "The Hobbit" which he was even happier with. It surprises and pleases me to see his level of reading and comprehension in a seven year old.

Site:
    Hidden Content

This weekend the wife's away at a hookin' and prayin' retreat (rug making workshop that uses a religious retreat facilities). Found I like texting with the wife better than direct conversation. At least this way I get in a full sentence

Site:
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast