Life in the slow lane - Page 11

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the slow lane

Blog Entries
    Hi Lee,
    How are you making those little parchment-like fields, where you're planting your wise words ??
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhme Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Hi Lee,
    How are you making those little parchment-like fields, where you're planting your wise words ??
    BS naturally colors everything brown?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Hi Lee,
    If you mean the burnt canvas background, it's something I created with GIMP. Basically I applied a canvas pattern to a layer, made the edges irregular, and underlaid darker colors, all with a bit of feathering.

Quote Originally Posted by ppsage View Post
    BS naturally colors everything brown?
    A nice distracting spin old friend, I love it Actually brown is a shade of decay, which is the foundation of new life, hopefully with more objective understanding. As with the waters we are poisoning for our progeny, we're also killing what's necessary in the "brown" soil for our species existence. Of course, in our headlong pursuit of material gain we don't stop to consider such trivialities as the world our grandchildren will have to get by in Another contradiction, relative to the true nature of our "caring" side.

My apologies to France bobo, which was one of the first countries to find fault with the likes of Monsanto.

I am just a leaf. Just a leaf falling from the tree so that a new bud may grow.” ~ Gemma Malley, The Legacy

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Thought you might like the composting aspect.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Out this morning to do a bit more at putting up firewood, and thought Id show off a shirt the wife made me. A woman of many talents.

Wanted to get in more of what needed doing, before the doc chides me again tomorrow not to be doing anything that hurts. My usual reply is, you mean like life?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 shirt+wood.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	18940
    [click to enlarge]

The wife takes a lot of pictures, but is camera shy herself. Years back when the state had me demonstrating wood carving at the Big E (New England states fair) a TV camera crew came around, and she vanished like a ghost.
    Last edited by LeeC; July 23rd, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Site:
    Hidden Content

Found myself in the predicament of needing to turn around to get my canes, but not able to turn around without my canes. Don't suppose it matters much though, in a world where our dedicated politicians are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

Brings to mind all the emphasis on good grammar, in a world where few say what needs to be said for the sake of the world our children will have to get by in, and few want to hear it.
    Last edited by LeeC; July 28th, 2017 at 09:26 PM.

Site:
    Hidden Content

Citizen cane the future is rosebud
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Out this morning to do a bit more at putting up firewood, and thought I’d show off a shirt the wife made me. A woman of many talents.

Wanted to get in more of what needed doing, before the doc chides me again tomorrow not to be doing anything that hurts. My usual reply is, you mean like life?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 shirt+wood.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	18940
    [click to enlarge]

The wife takes a lot of pictures, but is camera shy herself. Years back when the state had me demonstrating wood carving at the Big E (New England states fair) a TV camera crew came around, and she vanished like a ghost.
    Cool shirt man....camera shy people are rare these days..has she had her fifteen minutes of fame yet...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Cool shirt man....camera shy people are rare these days..has she had her fifteen minutes of fame yet...
    She's often in seniors golf tournaments these days, and likes seeing her name in the newspaper as a top finisher, but won't allow any pictures of herself. Not as if she's anything to hide. Way back when we first met I had a hard time focusing on her as a person, and to me she hasn't aged Well maybe ... her tongue has sharpened a smidgin

Site:
    Hidden Content

Some guy told me to buy the 6th extinction so I did. It came a couple days ago. I feel lucky that the local amphibians are still around. Hope they stay.

The new batch of frogs made it to my house, the 3/4 mile from the pond about two weeks ago. I'm going to say it took them about two months from polliwog- outward concentric circles in search of territory. Like ripples from a pond. No - they are ripples from a pond.

They got to have moisture, too. My potted natives have attracted one, at least. Not the toads, though. The toads can go just about anywhere. They travel at night. Find a moist hidey-spot in the day. Probably that's what the frogs do, too - travel at night.