Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You WF

Thank You WF

As yet another testimony to how awesome this place is, and how I've benefited from it, I'd like to share part of an email I received from my Technical Writing instructor at the college I go to. This instructor has complimented me numerous times, yet I feel like WF should get some credit. Here's what the instructor said .

Time to celebrate, Mr. Anfinson. Your grade in Technical Writing was just posted. You are a talented writer, sir. A pleasure to have the opportunity to work with you. Consider me a resource as you continue your studies.
    It's finals week. I finished the class with a 98% overall. Earlier this year I made a 96% in English Comp.

Maybe it's not much, having a college instructor tell you you're a talented writer, but considering the first stories I posted on WF sucked and were terribly written, I think I've come a long way.

Just wanted to share so staff has yet another thing to feel good about (and so new members can see another way WF might benefit them).

"Life is a risk; so is writing. You have to love it." ~ Richard Matheson

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
    ~Will Rogers

That's great feedback. Thank you Jake!

Congratulations on completing the course with such high grades!
    Check Out Our Members' Creative Works on <FLASHES of BRILLIANCE>

We'll done
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Thumbs up, on your success! We do not participate in the same WF groups, yet know you must have been a willing and discriminating learner. Some post their work looking only for applause. You can lead a horse to water, but the horse must be thirsty and willing to drink. It was nice to read your outcome. Best. Sas

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Congratulations on completing the course with such high grades!
    Not bad for a high school dropout with a GED, huh? Now for a one week break, then on to English Comp 2.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
    ~Will Rogers

Now that's just great, J! You did the hard work to get there, but I'm glad you were encouraged by the folks here!

Congratulations on your scores! And thank you for sharing your fabulous news... Good luck as you move forward..
    The wishbone will never replace the backbone { Will Henry}

If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

If you can read this, teach a thinker

Author: Lynn Loschky

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

While we may have supported and encouraged you, you did the heavy lifting. Good on you!!!
    thisWomanCodes
    A twice-weekly programming blog
    Infield Singles: Baseball Poems myFoodWeek.com
    A weekly menu for a family of four
    Eclectica: Genre Poetry

Congrats, Jake.
    *and you didn't even have to slaughter any professors.

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition! (Monty Python)

Reporter: How did you find America?
    John Lennon: Turn left at Greenland (A Hard Day's Night)

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    Congrats, Jake.
    *and you didn't even have to slaughter any professors.
    Um...I might have written a story or two.

~Will Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast