Simple RP collab

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple RP collab

Simple RP collab

Intro:

While this thread is not a true rpg it is intended as a story writing collaboration where participants use their individual character(s) to progress the story forward. The idea is to explore and develop characters but moreso to practice writing and to have fun!

Guidelines:

Replies are as long or short as you want so anywhere from one sentence to a couple paragraphs should work fine. Just keep it all pg-13 and no god-modding (controlling someone else's character).

Reply as often or little as you like. The main purpose is to have fun.

If you think of something later that you want to add to your reply you can!

Technicalities:

This is where we need to decide on a world and characters. I'm thinking we can go with our world unless you have ideas/preferences for dystopian, futuristic, super powered, post apocalyptic, fantasy world, or the like.

I'm not sure if you already have characters of your own established but if not this is the time to get those creative juices flowing! You can steal from a real life person or toss two of your favorite tv show personalities in a blender to make whoever you want. You don't even have to plan the character out if you don't want to. Just start with a name and build as you go. (That's actually how my first rp went many years ago)

I've always preferred "discovering" someone else's character as the story progresses much like you would in a book but others prefer descriptions in advance. If you prefer having a name and description in advance let me know!

I believe that's everything. Cory, let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on anything. This will be my first time rp'ing with someone brand new to it so it's a learning experience for me too.
    Without temptation there can be no choice. Without a fall there can be no mercy.

A chorus of cricket chirps echoed down the lonely winding tunnels of a subway nestled deep in the suburbs. With rush hour long gone, foot traffick slowed to a trickle.

Vagabonds went unseen sleeping in corners that never saw the light of day and exploritory youth roamed to mischievous places.

Among the flickering lights and peculiar faces one stood out. Like a flower tossed to the wayside on a rainy day a girl fidgeted quietly on a bench. Her dirty, bare feet and smudged dress hinted at a curious untold story.

With flickering eyes she watched the stareway entrance behind even as her body faced the subway tunnel in silent anticipation.

(There's a start! Sorry I was going to continue the conversation in our messages but it's giving me an error when I try to send -I think your inbox is full?

Let me know if you'd like me to add more otherwise this is me passing the pen to you. Do whatever you like!

Oh, also I forgot I wanted to add that your character, Star, sounds great! Really promising and I can't wait to see more of her.
    )

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
    Without temptation there can be no choice. Without a fall there can be no mercy.

I am not sure where to post this... I wouldn't mind trying my hand at this... heard that it can be fun... is magic allowed? Magic is fun...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastical View Post
    I am not sure where to post this... I wouldn't mind trying my hand at this... heard that it can be fun... is magic allowed? Magic is fun...
    Hey Fantastical! That's cool I could get someone else on board for this too.

Magic is fun and I have a pair of characters that could fit into that world pretty well. But unless Cory wants to add magic this one is intended to be a basic world since we wanted to keep things simple for the first time. (Sorry there's a bunch of message conversation history thats missing from the thread)

But if you want you and me can start a new thread with a magical world and magical characters. My only suggestion for that world is to first set up a loose list of limits for what magic can/can't do. Then we can dive into writing!

Simple RP collab

The girl had been at the subway at this lonely hour every night for the last month anxiously waiting on her friend . There had been no sign of Star and she was beginning to lose hope of ever seeing her again. Would she really desert her now, after everything they had been through together?
    Last edited by corybot; March 10th, 2017 at 12:34 AM.

To be edited

Star pulled up her studded denim collar as the cold air sliced mercilessly into the apples of her cheeks. The freezing winds and rain had been relentless all of winter and she wasn't surprised to see the streets empty again. There was no sign of the usual Friday rabble of drunk, college kids or late night shoppers. No, tonight, the city was deathly quiet, as if in a vacuum. Star finally felt safe enough to slow down and try and catch her breath. There had not been a single car for miles but it was only sensible to keep moving in the inky shadows. Wheezing, she stomped her way down fifth street. Star was only a block away from the subway now but realized she would need to hurry to have any chance of catching the girl before she stepped onto the last cab of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtBlinked View Post
    Hey Fantastical! That's cool I could get someone else on board for this too.

Magic is fun and I have a pair of characters that could fit into that world pretty well. But unless Cory wants to add magic this one is intended to be a basic world since we wanted to keep things simple for the first time. (Sorry there's a bunch of message conversation history thats missing from the thread)

But if you want you and me can start a new thread with a magical world and magical characters. My only suggestion for that world is to first set up a loose list of limits for what magic can/can't do. Then we can dive into writing!

No that is cool... I can still be kickass lol

Royce sat in the cold, feet dangling from over the edge of the roof that he sat upon. The wind whistled past the chimney as he contemplated his fate. What exactly was he going to do now that he had left home? It wan't like he wanted to be an assassin for hire... that was his fathers job.

A gust of cold, stale air chased the squeal of brakes as the subway bus slowed to a stop before Meridian. Fear sliced through excitment and she sprung up from her seat. Then approached the giant metal beast with tentative steps.

A drip of unfamiliar face passed her like spectrals out on the sea leaving the bus empty and her alone. She shivered and pressed onward in silence.

The hard linoleum floor felt cold against the pads of her feet. A sputter of nervousness, jerked her head back again to the stareway entrance. Her wide eyes scanned the scene behind her.

Nothing. Relief washed down the knot in her throat. Maybe this could work after all.

-------skip to Royce's scene

As Royce sat on the roof a ruckus from below interrupted the calm of the night.

A black sedan surged through the streets like a rhino in a herd of antelope. It lerched to a stop nearby and two burly men emerged, slamming the doors shut. Heated words were exchanged with two that remained in the car, ending it a shout and a loud slap of palm against the cars hood.

The sedan's engine roared as it sped off leaving the two rushing down the sidewalk. Their eyes scanned the area as they jogged lightly. One glanced down at his phone, stopped and nudged his associate. Like sharks with blood they changed direction, following where the scent lead them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast