Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading today?

What are you reading today?

Outside of forum threads, twitter, and facebook, I'm reading Orrin Grey's Monsters in the Vault, a compilation of his columns reviewing horror movies, and John Langan's The Wide Carnivorous Sky and Other Monstrous Geographies. Just finished Matt Taibbi's Insane Clown President, David Greenberg's Republic of Spin, and Michael Griffin's The Lure of Devouring Light. All are excellent-the Langan is a re-read before diving into his Stoker-nominated The Fisherman. The Griffin is unforgettable 'quiet horror', the two political books are seminal to an understanding of current context, and I love monsters.
    How about you?

Help support good writing: Test Patterns.

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

picked up a copy of ulysses yesterday and thought shall i give it ago..big old book and i read a page or two and thought...leave alone so i put it down and today i picked up a book of my shelf and read a few chapters again.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6658471179_9a43513e9b_b.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	17006
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Fight Club

At the moment, A Scanner Darkly, PKD.

Also, re-reading King's Insomnia. Fitting, in some ways.
    Site Rules and Regs

My Novel

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

I am reading this:

Doomsday: 50 Visions of the End of the World Kindle Edition

Among others, but this one takes the cake.
    Carpe Diem.

Been reading a lot of non-fiction lately - at the moment "The Vikings" by Neil Oliver. Watching the TV series on the Vikings got me interested in real history (that happens a lot with me).
    "The blind may be leading the blind, but the seeing have been leading the seeing for years without any visible results."

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Walt Kelly's Pogo

"Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion."

Anon (as far as I know)

"If you climb upon your high horse, don't be surprised if you get bucked off."

Midnightpoet (as far as I know)

Blog Entries
    Well?

I'm in the,,, hey! don't we already a W.A.Y.R thread?

Never mind.

" I Am No One" by Patrick Flanery.

Y'know? I often complain about how sometimes a story can seem such hard going and yet, I keep going. With, drip drip drip, just barely enough to keep me wondering what might happen next and then suddenly, in the final few chapters, it comes together and it all makes sense somehow. That's where I am right now with this one.
    The main character is clearly NOT a no one and so I shall probably see how this pans out.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Oh dear,
    I've finished the book and I didn't get it. No coming together of clues, no final conclusion that i could see. Nothing. I missed the point, totally.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Nearing the end of The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast