Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading today?

Blog Entries
    All dull reading here I'm afraid. Slowly working my way through Timothy West Autobiography. It reads like a "who's who of theatre-actors and actresses and a history of theatres old and new" but I enjoy his writings when I'm in a particular frame of mind.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

House of Leaves, by Mark Z. Danielewski. I only just heard of it a day ago, and from reading the description of its format as well as its legendary literary status, I just had to check it out from my Uni library. I'm only two chapters in, and it's unlike anything I've ever read, really.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170601_175314164.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	18328

Not big on politics but do like to read about the 80"s an 90's to get a feel for the stuff that shaped the times
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I'm mostly horizontal listening to Anne Rice's LASHER (again) but attempting to reach out for a paper book. Last week I went and got a book from the library! The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley...it was a stonking read. Brilliant story, real page-turner. Loved it. It's still in my head so that's probably why I'm hummin n hawin about what to read next.

Popped into the charity shop while I was out and caught 'THE SIEGE' by Helen Dunmore. She died yesterday, I think it was, so I couldn't not buy it. I've read a few of hers long time ago but as this is set in a war-torn Lenningrad I thought it might be just the thing considering the state of the world right now...it should put me in the mood. for what though?

escorial...

This book is about what shaped my times. Reading now. After college, I worked in this area of Detroit. July, 1967.
    The Intersection: What Detroit Has Gained & Lost 50 Years After The Uprising of 1967

Bernard Werber

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    escorial...

This book is about what shaped my times. Reading now. After college, I worked in this area of Detroit. July, 1967.
    The Intersection: What Detroit Has Gained & Lost 50 Years After The Uprising of 1967

It's cool to read the different pov on a time and place that you feel shaped your thoughts or even life perhaps...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    Just finished Timothy West's Autobiography am about to start Prunella Scales's.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Escorial,

Yes, interesting. At that time it was referred to as a riot. Now, from a farther perspective, as an uprising. As a very young adult, I did not recognize the puzzle piece, one of many, that would precipitate it. This area had been a thriving black community, with businesses and intact families, called Black Bottom. Then White city planners ran a major expressway right through the middle of it, displacing those who had strong, stable roots. While Blacks sought integration, their disintegration was the stealth weapon of Whites.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast