Free Writing Courses

Thread: Free Writing Courses

Free Writing Courses

http://open.edu/openlearn/free-cours...ning&MEDIA=_OL

Some courses I downloaded some free kindle books for from trustworthy and known sources:

Writing what you know, approaching prose fiction, English grammar context, start writing fiction. These can be typed in the search box in the website.

Some are really helpful, I recommend: writing what you know, and (especially) approaching prose fiction.

There is also a free creative writing course in mit which can be googled MIT open course creative writing. It's superficial. but has a good reputation although limited in what it teaches. I have only explored it superficially.

I recommend these. Been researching on these courses that are free and I read some of the books.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Future Learn also offer many free online courses.

Transmedia Storytelling : Learn how to tell compelling stories across multiple platforms, like books, films, games and TV, with this free online course.

will be starting shortly.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

After I get this book on activities for writers I'll be sure to have an easy time composing for a free writing course again. You need to write a lot in the courses that require participation. A book such as on writing prompts is what I feel would make it easier to do some assignments. Basing a story on a fact was one assignment I recently wanted to try. But for that they have videos, and I feel like I need the practice. Most recently real characters I am interested in doing a course on that. I did sign up for one. But I think I need a photo album to do that assignment. Becuase it says I must use my memories. I am not saying it is very hard but it makes life easier for me. At least I can ask my parents to help me with that. Since the first assignment says to write a narrative paragraph including 3 true things that happened and include that as a fictional account. One example I saw had a girl constructing a snowman this Christmas. That's tough because of many reasons. Facebook is a photo album but none of my most recent photos exist there. I need to ask my mother. But facebook has captions sometimes. People I met in real life and forgotten are the ones I sometimes prefer to write about. (my family also uses a cell phone application)

It's tough imo but doable. The paritcipation and writing samples is what you need to do it seems since I signed up again recently.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)