Firemajic's Daily Dose of Poetic Inspiration - Page 204

Page 204 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4104154194196197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2085

Thread: Firemajic's Daily Dose of Poetic Inspiration

Blog Entries
    French government guidelines on food hygiene during coronavirus outbreak.
    (maybe your own government issued similar guidelines – under every circumstances : use your common sense!!)

Food hygiene during coronavirus – your questions answered

Food hygiene during coronavirus is a subject which is on everyone’s mind.
    • What precautions should you take when returning from shopping?
    • Is it necessary to cook food to destroy the virus?
    • Can we eat raw fruits and vegetables as they are?

If you’ve been wondering about how to maintain food safety in the face of the coronavirus, the Agence Nationale de Sécurité Sanitaire de l’alimentation, de l’environnement et du travail(ANSES) has issued guidelines on food hygiene. Based on the scientific data currently available, ANSES has examined the possibilities of transmission of Covid-19 through food. Here are their answers to the most frequently asked questions.

Can farm animals get sick and infect us?

There is no evidence that farm animals and their feed play any role in the spread of the virus that causes Covid-19. Transmission by one food is possible only if it is contaminated by a sick person or a person infected with the virus, by handling it with soiled hands, or by exposing it to infectious droplets when coughing and sneezing.

Can eating contaminated food make us sick?

There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest that the virus can infect us via the digestive tract. However, the possibility of infecting the respiratory tract when chewing contaminated food cannot be completely excluded. If you are ill, you should absolutely avoid handling food and cooking for others.

How can you remove the virus from fruit and vegetables?
    After purchase, before eating or cooking them, you should wash your fruit and vegetables well. Clean water is enough; do not use detergent or disinfectant such as bleach, as you risk poisoning yourself if the food is poorly rinsed. It is not necessary to use white vinegar to rinse fruits and vegetables. After washing with clean water, wiping food with a single-use paper towel helps to remove any viral particles. This is especially important when fruit and vegetables are eaten raw.

Can we eat raw fruits and vegetables as they are?

Should they be cooked?
    As mentioned in the previous question, it is important to wash your fruits and vegetables in clean water. You can also peel them as you would apples or pears. For vegetables, you should know that cooking at 63°C – i.e. over medium heat – for 4 minutes is enough to destroy any virus that may be present. There is no point in“overcooking” your food, unless the recipe or your personal tastes demand it ! For raw vegetables, washing with clean water is enough to reduce the risk of transmission by cross-contamination –i.e. the risk of transmitting the virus via the hands.

Do these hygiene rules also apply to packaging?

Packaging may have been contaminated by soiled hands. While the virus causing the disease cannot survive for more than 3 hours in the open air,cleaning the packaging is still an additional precaution. Packaging should be cleaned with a damp cloth or single-use paper towel. It is not necessary to use bleach. For foods that can be stored in the refrigerator, the packaging should if possible be removed before storing. Of course, hands should be thoroughly cleaned before and after handling these packages.

Is white vinegar effective for cleaning packaging?

This is effective for killing bacteria but probably less effective for viruses. Studies have shown that to get rid of more resistant viruses, white vinegar is ineffective.

What precautions should I take when I return from shopping?

First of all, wash your hands. You can let your groceries stay where they are for two or
    three hours after bringing them home provided they are not chilled. For packages of products that need to go in the refrigerator such as milk or yogurt, remove the outer wrapping and clean the products with adamp paper towel before putting them in the refrigerator. Remember to wash your hands again immediately afterwards.

Should I warm my bread?

Bread is baked at a high temperature during preparation, which eliminates all traces of viruses. Provided hygiene rules are followed in the bakery (regular hand washing and/or wearing gloves when serving, use of a bag when displaying the bread, etc.), there is no risk of transmitting the virus. It is not necessary to heat the bread if all hygiene precautions have been followed.

Is it possible to contract Covid-19 through contact with contaminated surfaces?

Somestudies carried out under conditions very different from those in the home have shown that the virus remains active for a reasonably longtime on inert surfaces. It survives up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel. It remains detectable for 24 hours on cardboard under the same experimental conditions. The risk of touching the virus when handling objects that have been contaminated by a carrier(vector) is theoretically possible, but is low. This is why it is important to follow certain rules: do not touch your face while shopping, wash your hands when you return home and wipe the packaging with a damp paper towel.

How do I clean potentially contaminated surfaces?

In order to clean potentially contaminated surfaces, household products that remove all traces of the virus must be used. For example, you can use 70°C alcohol, which is very effective, to disinfect door handles, computer or tablet keyboards. If you use bleach, use this product with care as it is highly oxidizing and caustic to the skin, mucous membranes and materials. Any telephone, in direct contact with hands and face, can therefore be a major vector for transmission of the virus. You can use disinfectant wipes or paper towels soaked in household alcohol to disinfect the screen of your smartphone.

Best from bobo
    Last edited by bobo; April 3rd, 2020 at 11:31 AM.
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Thank you, Dear bobo....I appreciate the info...knowing how to protect ourselves and others, is vital...

I am kinda scared right now... trying not to freak out... my neighbor right across the street has covid19... and 2 members of my church has it, a husband and wife... he is on a ventilator, but is stable, his wife is at home being cared for by family...the death toll in my town doubled overnight....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    Dear Fire

FEAR is an abbreviation for False Evidence Appearing Real - stay home !!
    Don't go to church - or any other visits !!
    We will get through this - have faith !!
    Don't scare yourself, cause only you can do it
    Mind your business, make your poems, - and think only positive thoughts !!
    Don't listen to or read all those bad news - stay clean in mind !!

Best from bobo
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I bet that Smo-o-och is a lot happier than you right now - yeah, he doesn't think, that's why
    Just follow his lead.
    "Nothing is neither good nor bad - but thinking makes it appear so"
    from Shakespeare's King Lear ... which he wrote during time of self-isolation/confinement ... under the plague !!
    You might wish also to follow HIS lead - lolol
    Simsalabim from bobo

Hello, dear bobo.... thank you so much for your encouraging words, seems like you always say just the right thing ... I have not been to worship at my church for 5 weeks and I do miss it, and all of my friends...

I have been working on a series of barn drawings and that is keeping me busy and out of trouble...

My friend and his wife who has covid19 are doing better, He is on his 14th day and I guess that is considered a mile-stone... his fever is down and now his family said it is just a matter of him regaining his strength... I do not know how his wife is doing... but she is still at home being cared for by her family...

How are you doing, my far away friend? Are you staying out of trouble?
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    "Homeschooling is going well.
    2 students suspended for fighting
    - and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job."

Aren't you glad you're not homeschooling ??
    Lucky you - lolol

Blog Entries
    Some really nice posts there bobo, credit to you.

You're an inspiration.

Maybe I should read more bobo.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    "Homeschooling is going well.
    2 students suspended for fighting
    - and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job."

Aren't you glad you're not homeschooling ??
    Lucky you - lolol
    I am finding that homeschooling 4 children has side effects that lead to drinking. As per my 4 students request, “May we please not have the same teacher next year?” Oh yes please my sweet children.

Blog Entries
    Hi Fire ...
    Did you become a hermit ??
    Here's some humour to make you smile a little

"Isolation is clearly essential in limiting the reach of SARS-CoV-2, and slowing the rate of infection. Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down. Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are not the best rigth now.

I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing.

The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over. The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ... yes, you guessed it ... pull myself together."

LOL..... Did you make that up, dear bobo???
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.