The positive room

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: The positive room

The positive room

I am so sick of posting negative stuff to the point that I am now making this topic. A space dedicated to talking about positive things and talking about the good days we have. If such a thread exists please feel free to remove this and mail me a link to the appropriate thread.

yeaterday went well despite waking up to more arguments. I decided to try to keep mom calm by helping her out in the kitchen. It worked. I spent my whole day with mom right up until my step dad came home. Amazingly they actually got along for a little while.

they aren't the only thing that ruins my day, so perhaps I should write less about them. I'm also going to pay my aunt up the hill a visit. Figure out what her work schedule is like and just hang out up at her house more often. Maybe I'll actually get some real writing done.

last week kinda sucked. I'm not going to let them keep ruining my day. One day I'm going to have to tell them I don't care to listen to them anymore and don't ever bother me if the door to my room is locked.
    Life is challenging, Difficult and often unfair. You can either cry about it or survive and succeed.

I finally broke into the silver ranks of a video game that I've been playing. I'm beginning to understand the hero's abilities and the game mechanics.
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

We has a customer come in looking for the new Winston Churchill book signed by Winston Churchill. After explaining that the book was signed by the author, and not the subject, (which in this case would have been impossible as Churchill passed away in 1965), you could see the lights come on. The customer's reply, 'Gives a whole new meaning to ghost writing, don't it!'

He bought the book and left, happy to have a signed first edition on a subject he loved.

I've dropped 47 lbs. off my carcass in one year. Clothing that I haven't worn for a long time fits me with room to spare, and I've poked three new holes in my belt.

At at this rate, by the end of 2017 I'll be lighter than my wife. Jack Sprat for the m-f-in win, people!
    It all starts with a name and flows from there. A ridiculous moniker springs to mind and it launches like a multi-lubed slippery-sloop down chutes made of buttery-floops. Down, down, down. We watch, spellbound. Rapturous. Glockenspiel. We do our due diligence with penitence and penicillin. Do what’s due, then dew drops on your moon-pops.

My aunt. She is a major positive in my life. She is 84 and dying from ovarian cancer, but while she is dying, she is really living! She still drives, a benefit of small towns, goes to exercise class, ladies quilting class, she goes and visits shut-ins. She was even game enough to go to Graceland (a life long dream, big, big Elvis fan) and take the tour a few months ago. She is my role model for positive. She doesn't receive a lot of money, but she is comfortable and even sends some money to charities and a niece who is hard pressed. She is the first to offer help of any kind that she can manage. She doesn't waste time feeling sorry for herself, she thinks of what she can do for others, always.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I am learning, year by year since dating my husband, to enjoy Christmas again. My parents stopped all Christmas celebrations the year my brother died and I'm not sure how to let that go. Part of the joy that I have for it now is giving gifts to people I love; something I was just starting to learn when he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    I've dropped 47 lbs. off my carcass in one year. Clothing that I haven't worn for a long time fits me with room to spare, and I've poked three new holes in my belt.

At at this rate, by the end of 2017 I'll be lighter than my wife. Jack Sprat for the m-f-in win, people!
    I started packing a lunch. It means I have to cook for myself at least once a week. I'm picky, so I'll only make things I would eat(lol; duh?!) And... It has to be easy.
    Anyway, it's cheaper, more convenient, tastes good, and I dropped about 7 lbs. Plus, I know exactly what's in there; unlike with restaurant food ( sulfides, gallons of salt; who knows what).

It's not anything heroic or to brag about but I think it's something positive. I feel like I'm more in control; more 'taking control' instead of being controlled by ...uhm... my stomach, and whatever's out there ( to buy).

Just got back from the vet with Rue...Perfect health!

My father-in-law is still going strong. That's saying something since he served in WWII.

This sketch was done of him leaving Berlin for home in 1946. The sign says "Brockton (Mass.) 5124 miles."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leon1-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	16315

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

i set a goal of making one submission per month for all of 2016.
    i was prepared for the inevitable rejections and resigned myself
    to the idea that writing speaks to a reader, or doesn't.

as the end of the year approaches, i find i have far surpassed
    my goal and ended up with one hard copy printing.

several people have spoken to me about starting a writing group
    locally.
    i might do it in 2017.

all of that feels good.

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast