Thread: WIFS29 - November

WIFS29 - November

The latest Writing Forums Newsletter is here.
    This issue takes aim at the environment.
    Wait! That came out wrong…
    What I mean is, this issue focuses on
    Environmental Literature, or Eco-Lit (that's what
    all the cool hipsters call it).
    So sit back, pour a cup of your favorite
    sustainable, organic, non-GMO beverage, and
    enjoy your November WIFS.

<Read Now>

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIFS29_cover-29-300.jpg 
Views:	9450 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	16271
    Last edited by PiP; December 3rd, 2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: added url to graphic

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Art, dogs and cranky dispatches from this absurd Universe:
    sigmadog.com

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry but I have to say I cringed at the use of "Eco-lit"
    "He slides into second with a stand-up double." - Jerry Coleman
    "Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth." - Lou Gehrig
    "After Jackie Robinson, the most important black in baseball history is Reggie Jackson." - Reggie Jackson
    "Your Holiness, I'm Joe Medwick. I, too, used to be a Cardinal." - Joe Medwick to Pope Pius XII
    "I think Tim Wakefield would even say tonight that Tim Wakefield got to Tim Wakefield tonight." - Tim McCarver

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to say I cringed at the use of "Eco-lit"
    It's also from the past! lol
    Mildly dyslexic - Oops may occur, do occur.

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”
    -- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

"Failure? There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success."
    -- The Love Guru

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing."
    --Terry Pratchett

My sincere appreciation to all that contributed to make this newsletter so well rounded, engaging, and meaningful. Your writing skills and insights are top-notch.

And to Sig for the exceptional job you did in presenting the material.

And to PiP and Cran for your prodding, guidance, and oversight. May you reign long

What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” ~ Chris Maser

Site:
    Natural World Reflections and Book: Calan's Eden

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

I've just finished reading this one and it's fantastic! If you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for.

I especially enjoyed the collection of haiku (never sure if there should be an s on that plural or not?) All the articles were interesting to me and I realise now, I've been writing about the natural world most of my life. It seems to me, it's as Lee said, an awful lot of literature takes in the wider world and nature as it impacts on the characters of the story - kinda like normal living (or at least the way life used to be normal) maybe we have become more isolated from nature lately?

Thanks to everyone involved and especially to the crew that worked to pull it all together. This one is good!
    Life makes more sense if you don't take it personally.

My Poems

Blog Entries
    Interesting reading Sam's article on the natural environment affecting the writer. Haha, I am creepily aware of the earlier setting sun, the increasingly barren view from my kitchen window every morning, and the greatly growing desire to hibernate. Hibernation usually results in more writing, of course. That might be true for many of us who retire into our minds when we retire from the external world. I also think a great many authors of long and short fiction do bring nature into their writing. If often forms a backdrop in some way to the plot or characters, even when it is only subtly introduced.

Good work by all those who go into the nitty-gritty and production of this newsletter. I have only just been introduced to it. Thank you!