The Mercy of the Tide - Keith Rosson - ARCs available to WF Members

Thread: The Mercy of the Tide - Keith Rosson - ARCs available to WF Members

The Mercy of the Tide - Keith Rosson - ARCs available to WF Members

Hey peeps,

Meerkat Press is publishing an incredible (IMHO) debut novel by Keith Rosson (a former WF interviewee) on 2/21/17. This book is available for review on NetGalley and has a whopping 65% of reviewers on Goodreads giving it 5 stars!

For a limited time only, Meerkat Press is offering digital ARCs (.mobi, epub or pdf) to WF members. We would ask that if you read the book, you post an honest review on Goodreads now and Amazon once Amazon opens it for reviews in February. So if you'd like a copy, go here and request a copy and in the notes add that you are a WF member:
    http://meerkatpress.com/arc-request/

So without further achoo (sorry, allergies are crazy right now, I meant "ado")...

Title: The Mercy of the Tide

Author: Keith Rosson

Category: Alternate History / Thrillers-Suspense, Folk Tales, Legends & Mythology

Book Site:
    http://meerkatpress.com/books/the-mercy-of-the-tide/

Description:
    Riptide, Oregon, 1983. A sleepy coastal town, where crime usually consists of underage drinking down at a Wolf Point bonfire. But then strange things start happening—a human skeleton is unearthed in a local park and mutilated animals begin appearing, seemingly sacrificed, on the town’s beaches. The Mercy of the Tide follows four people drawn irrevocably together by a recent tragedy as they do their best to reclaim their lives—leading them all to a discovery that will change them and their town forever.

Last edited by TKent; February 1st, 2018 at 12:49 AM.

For those of you who requested ARCs, just wanted to share that The Mercy of the Tide just received a *starred* review from Publishers Weekly! they say it is a "striking new novel" Read Full Review

Today is release day for The Mercy of the Tide. A big shout out to those of you who requested ARCs for early reviews! The book has had great press so far. Every single bit helps

Recent Press
    • Publisher’s Weekly (Starred review) – “A striking novel” Full Review
    • Foreword Reviews (5/5 Hearts) – “An exquisitely honed, beautifully written novel.” Full Review
    • Verbicide – “Highly Recommended” – Full Review
    • Medium – “Recommended without reservation” – Full Review
    • Arizona Daily Sun – Flagstaff Live – “Words That Work: Anger and The Mercy of the Tide” – Full Review
    • Modern Vinyl – Missaligned PodcastInterview
    • The Nervous Breakdown Interview & Excerpt
    • The QwilleryInterview
    • Speculative Fiction ShowcaseExcerpt
    • The Oregonian Live – “24 NW Books We’re Excited to Read in 2017” – Full Article
    • Tor.com – “Fiction Affliction: Genre-Benders for February” – Full Article
    • Brainfluff – “Strongly Recommended” – Full Review
    • Seattle Book Mama Blog – “This darkly delicious novel shows that Rosson is a force to be reckoned with.” Full Review
    • The Haunted Reading Room (5/5 Stars) – ” A novel that is deep and rich, a literary pleasure . . . Best of 2017″ – Full Review
    • A Bohemian Mind – (4/5 Stars) – “A remarkable debut.” – Full Review
    • Making Good Stories – (4/5 Stars) – Full Review
    • Girl With a Pretty Keyboard – “It’s a weird little novel but it’s gritty and deeply emotional.” – Full Review
    • Writing Forums ShowcaseInterview

This book just made it to the Bram Stoker Superior Achievment in a First Novel "preliminary ballot." If anyone here is a Horror Writers Association member and want a free digital version for assessment, private message me.

https://locusmag.com/2018/01/2017-st...minary-ballot/

I saw that. Congratulations!
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Thanks Moderan! We have our fingers, toes, eyes crossed it makes it to the final ballot tomorrow. Then it will be an official finalist. Either way, to make it to the top 7 is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by moderan View Post
    I saw that. Congratulations!