You want this Halloween to be special?

How about window silhouettes?

This is my favorite

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headless.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	15822

but you can use others if you look at this tutorial.

If you want to scare someone, I suggest a head in the jar - clickie. Mine will be in the fridge, so when the thirsty guests reach it in order to find a cold beer - surprise!

Of course, our beverages can't look te same on this magical night, so how about some labels? I'll use this ones:

Name:	poison.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	15823 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snail.JPG 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	15824 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snake.JPG 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	15825 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toad.JPG 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	15826 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wings.JPG 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	15827 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zombie.JPG 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	15828

For a more effective reaction, buy IV bags (we bought ours from eBay), and fill them with red liquid (you can use food coloring). Place them in a bowl filled with ice.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Je suis Charlie.

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    You might be interested in this things, they seem pretty simple (okay, the first one's not really Halloween, but it might come in handy!)

Birds, Pumpkin treat balls
    They are amazing will have to give them ago Thank you.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Today I made... well, made is not the best word... decorated fits better. Anywho, I decorated some tablecloth. We usually don't use it, but I wanted something special for this Halloween. I used paper tablecloth, glue and napkins. I wanted to put some lace decorations, but I'm on a budget, so, no can do. Sure, you can buy already finished tablecloth, but it's no fun. I will have a centerpiece on the table, including some black candles, cheese cloth, a raven and a black necklace.

Name:	IMAG1596.jpg 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	15840 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1597.jpg 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	15841
    Je suis Charlie.

Loving your decorations

Today's activity was to find a solution about the lights; our house will be in semi darkness, but we still need to see people, especially during dinner. I found this cute, little DIY - it's very simple and effective.

Cut the pattern which you can find on this page, or you can use mine. I painted it black in Paint, and added eyes, in order to know where to poke the holes.

Name:	mačkice.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	15846

Anyway, cut it, glue it a light cardboard, poke holes, put lights (I used Christmas lights), fix with tape, and that's it!

Here's how it looks like:

Name:	IMAG1606.jpg 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	15847

...turn off the lights...

Name:	IMAG1600.jpg 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	15848

...and the magic appears...

Another cute little project is this, and these are the pics I chose for my DIY (I'll cut only windows and glue it to a jar with a tealight inside).

Name:	jjj.JPG 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	15849 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	They-Wait-in-Silence-4f6276864bf58_hires.jpg 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	15850 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mvfpdczG5H1rlnvjfo1_400.jpg 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	15851
    Je suis Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by amsawtell View Post
    Those look very cute and very fun.
    They are. I see your avatar is ready
    Je suis Charlie.

What time it is?

That's right: it's time for Schrody's Halloween Magic!

Today's prompt might be a bit morbid for some - so, if you're of a weak heart or stomach, skip this post.

It's a body bag!

It's not a real one, I promise

It can be dirt cheap, or even free (like mine did - okay, I did buy the tape). All you need is some old clothes that's not good for donating, bunch of newspapers, plastic bags, tape, black garbage bags...

Shape a head out of old clothes, put in a plastic bag and work with the tape around it. There's a bunch of tutorials, and here's some of them

How to make a Dead Body for under $1

Cheap and Easy Halloween Prop - body in a bag

My body didn't come out perfect, but it will be good enough to make a first impression, plus, it will be in the semi darkness, so...

Name:	IMAG1608.jpg 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	15860 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1611.jpg 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	15861
    Je suis Charlie.

As promised, some pics:

Name:	bat.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	15950 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghosts.JPG 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	15951 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghosts lapms.JPG 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	15952

I wasn't able to take pics of everything since our guests showed a tad earlier than expected, but what can you do? We had a "police" "do not cross" tape over the doors, and we smeared some barbecue sauce on the floor in the hall in order to look like our body bag's head was bleeding. Fun stuff

Name:	jack o'.JPG 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	15953 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lantern.JPG 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	15954

Our first lanterns (not so great)

Name:	blooood.JPG 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	15955

Refreshment was served: blueberry flavored blood topped with ice and some fingers (we also had spider eggs but they disappeared in a second)

Name:	prints.JPG 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	15956

This cheery prints welcomed our guests in the bathroom...

Name:	rav.JPG 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	15957 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raven.JPG 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	15958

And finally, my table centerpiece. I was in a hurry, so it wasn't so luxurious, but I think it still set the mood (we ate in semi darkness), and my raven got some legs!
    Je suis Charlie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast