The Official Writing Forums Mental Health Support Thread (READ RULES FIRST!!!) - Page 65

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1555575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: The Official Writing Forums Mental Health Support Thread (READ RULES FIRST!!!)

I wish I could change that but it is out of my control. I could try reading books. I was diagnosed with executive dysfunction once. But there was never a brain scan. The speech pathologist concluded after writing that I had the condition. But I never saw her again and she didn't want to help me since at the military hospital there were supposedly more needy people than me. They were fresh out of a war in the us military hospital.

My problem is that my mother has diabetes and bone conditions. My father supposedly leaves the house on errands to pay bills (he doesn't know anything about computers). My brother once said I had an internet addiction. I wish I could change the circumstances but I cannot. Supposedly some people with autoexutive dysfunction do go to cognitive behavior therapy. I wish I could go to a library but my parents would probably say no. Just because it is only one person, and probably isn't worth their time. 8 hours is an estimate since I can't seem to persuade others to go to a library. I dont get along with my father like the rest of my family.

I research on how to write in my spare time, and write stories, correct drafts. It can be time-consuming just correcting drafts of my stories using read out loud text to speech software.

I have been trying to exercise but I usually exercise with my mother. Her health needs to be stable.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    I was curious why Japan has such a high life expectancy rate. Turns out, it's linked to their diet.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a6956011.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a6971466.html

A lot of research is happening but carbohydrates I remembered reading were a recommended as a source of energy and food. With diets advertising low carbohydrates and losing a lot of weight. I eat meals with half of my plate full of vegetables. Thankfully doing this during dinner time. It seems kind of impossible for eating breakfast to do that.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

I have diagnosed myself with over active mind syndrome. I tend to obsess over things. What I eat,,,my weight,,,my exercising. If I am doing things right or wrong. I have a mind that is on constant fire. Always thinking,,,always chatting with itself. After much research I found and decided to try flower essences. I made up my own concoction. After about 9 months to a year I noticed the mouse on the wheel in my brain was a little calmer. Slower. I now just take them as needed. I have to accept that this is just me and how my mind on fire works. And in the end,,,that’s ok. I am not everyone’s cup
    of tea and nor do I have to be. I have a happy heart most days,,,smile and laugh often. And that makes me content enough to stay here.
    Last edited by River Rose; February 10th, 2020 at 06:56 PM.

I am not familiar with the condition. It sounds rare. But there's a link in this thread that mentions a mental health forum. There's also nami which is a non-profit organization in the united states which gives free therapy to people with all sorts of conditions. It has a free licensed therapist. There could be people with the same problem as you. It's good to hear how they cope with their problems. It gives you ideas on how to cope with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rose View Post
    I have diagnosed myself with over active mind syndrome. I tend to obsess over things. What I eat,,,my weight,,,my exercising. If I am doing things right or wrong. I have a mind that is on constant fire. Always thinking,,,always chatting with itself. After much research I found and decided to try flower essences. I made up my own concoction. After about 9 months to a year I noticed the mouse on the wheel in my brain was a little calmer. Slower. I now just take them as needed. I have to accept that this is just me and how my mind on fire works. And in the end,,,that’s ok. I am not everyone’s cup
    of tea and nor do I have to be. I have a happy heart most days,,,smile and laugh often. And that makes me content enough to stay here.
    That is my mind sometimes.. then there are the times my mind isn't overactive it's just more active than I am. a.k.a the times my mind/I yell at me mentally to move but I end up not doing so. btw after both a dream from my bff a video from how to adhd and a suggestion from my counselor. I've decided to continue keeping my task mini but doing many of them in a day.. also switch projects every week or two.. to see if this works... this has been suggested two me{albeit indirectly} three different ways by said people. started studying Japanese again because of it. I will switch on the 20th lest I be on a roll... ty for all of your patience.
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

I think as much as I like these forums. I've decided to temporarily retire from writing until the next year ( march). I feel as if my life is going nowhere. Videogames are a good resort or cure to the ailments of boredom. I feel as being locked all day on the computer is not healthy. I need to eliminate some stress. I feel stressed from being very patient. According to what I am deciding on a microphone costs the same as the system and a few games. As I am a mental health patient it makes sense. So I can live a happier life. I am not giving up the hobby. Maybe now is not the best time of the year. I hope my persistent attitude doesn't disappoint anyone. There is a healthy life and the opposite is stress. I hope everyone doesn't mind my decision. On next year in Christmas which is 3 months close to my birthday is when I plan to continue. I should be a decent example. But parents don't always think like their sons. Hopefully this doesn't sadden anyone. I need to find relief. I put a lot off pressure on myself to succeed. It's about time I wait until things improve. We are selling a apartment on a loan. I figure if they buy that or the piece of land things would change. Thanks to everyone who has critiqued my work. I won't let you down next year.

edit: trying to watch movies on netflix to remedy the situation. I am motivated somewhat since my mother watches movies there and series sometimes. If I get the microphone I predict it will arrive in april or in may. So still on the fence. I haven't made a final decision. I am both persistent and stubborn. I consider this both a strength and a flaw. Being persistent can cause suffering. Now that I think of it. That's being stubborn and not wanting to face change.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; March 1st, 2020 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    I think as much as I like these forums. I've decided to temporarily retire from writing until the next year ( march). I feel as if my life is going nowhere. Videogames are a good resort or cure to the ailments of boredom. I feel as being locked all day on the computer is not healthy. I need to eliminate some stress. I feel stressed from being very patient. According to what I am deciding on a microphone costs the same as the system and a few games. As I am a mental health patient it makes sense. So I can live a happier life. I am not giving up the hobby. Maybe now is not the best time of the year. I hope my persistent attitude doesn't disappoint anyone. There is a healthy life and the opposite is stress. I hope everyone doesn't mind my decision. On next year in Christmas which is 3 months close to my birthday is when I plan to continue. I should be a decent example. But parents don't always think like their sons. Hopefully this doesn't sadden anyone. I need to find relief. I put a lot off pressure on myself to succeed. It's about time I wait until things improve. We are selling a apartment on a loan. I figure if they buy that or the piece of land things would change. Thanks to everyone who has critiqued my work. I won't let you down next year.

edit: trying to watch movies on netflix to remedy the situation. I am motivated somewhat since my mother watches movies there and series sometimes. If I get the microphone I predict it will arrive in april or in may. So still on the fence. I haven't made a final decision. I am both persistent and stubborn. I consider this both a strength and a flaw. Being persistent can cause suffering. Now that I think of it. That's being stubborn and not wanting to face change.
    I feel you.. do what you have to do dude or dudete.....
    striding and swagering rootlessness with out end the precious flow of life.

Thanks. Although the internet is full of anonymous people. I am definitely not someone who is called a dudette. I am considering the microphone. But only if I buy 2 books to go along with it. I think I know how people get inspired to write stories. While there is no right or wrong method. Conflict is made by extrapolating what is seen as a bad or good thing in a situation. Take for instance a wedding. Families get separated. That makes instant conflict for the mother. What if a conniving mother wanted to kill the bride?

I hope this also inspires you. Think of your story's scene. And ask what are the cons and pros of the situation. That's the easy way to make conflict. Without it you don't have a story. As for characterization I'm guessing that depends a lot on inner conflict.

So inspiration I can find. It's lack of patience. It drives makes me angry.

The microphone costs 280 without warranty. I'd need to wait two months after may. I'm thinking this is my only chance at getting it this year. Thanks for your sympathy and for the support as well. If I bought dragon at full price it sounds like may is the best time.

I am under the presumption that I can find the perfect seller on ebay for dragon speaking software. It may be a illusive. But if they sell it I hope they dont scam me. That is what I would be missing to take into account.

Also going to read how to write poetry. I might compose some poetry without a poetry book.

https://literarydevices.net/examples...ery-in-poetry/

http://scotts.members.sonic.net/alba...pt/senses.html

I think composing poetry using pictures will help me describe the senses. A picture of a gate, of a busy street, can all be glimpsed with the learning of poetry. There are a lot of good websites to learn poetry.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/dp/B009D...v_ov_lig_dp_it

That is the microphone I am thinking of buying. At 300. Dragon is sold at 300 but I bought microsoft word for 30 which retails for much more.

I hope I am helpful when I help other people. For example I identify with people who have shown they have the same problems as me. We all try to fix what is wrong in the world. Because we feel bad. I am such. I was a victim once of mental abuse. I know the trouble it has caused. I can't get a job since there are no rights from protecting people who harass the mentally ill.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; March 2nd, 2020 at 04:50 AM.