Dissertation Submitted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissertation Submitted

Dissertation Submitted

After two years, a lot of work, and a number of weeks towards the end that all coalesced into one and during which I only left home to return books to the library, I finally submitted my master's dissertation yesterday morning. It's been almost nine years of constant study to get to this stage (2 years adult access, 4 1/2 years BA, 2 years Mres; all part-time) but it's been worth it.

Only one more step now to go, but I'm going to take a year out before thinking about submitting a PhD proposal.

It's been a tough few years, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Sam. Having very recently beta'd a dissertation for someone doing their MA, I stand in awe of the standards expected.

I wish you the best of luck with it, and hope you enjoy your year of freedom.
    Not available to BETA READ at present due to (reading) workload. Hidden Content

Twitter: Hidden Content

On my ninth novel, and I think I'm just starting to get the hang of this writing thing...

===

Self-promotion: a necessary tool for those who cannot find others willing to sing their praises.

Wooooeewww Wooooeeww!!

Gratz! Now get ready for the funnest part, defending it

Congratulations, Sam. Respect! The race is not won by the swift but by those who he keep running.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Congratulations, Sam. Happy to see you fulfilling your dreams. I know how difficult the part-time approach can be.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    Belated congratulations on handing your dissertation in, I understand how fulfilling it is to hand in the final version after so long and that was only my undergrad one.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Nice Sam! Congratulations!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was the dissertation about? I'm sorry if it's already been said but I'm not aware...

The amalgamation of the genres of post-apocalyptic and dystopian fiction via the theory of eco-criticism.

In English: how the role and importance of nature and the natural world unites the genres over a period of time.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    In English: how the role and importance of nature and the natural world unites the genres over a period of time.
    Wow, i had no idea. What an interesting topic!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The amalgamation of the genres of post-apocalyptic and dystopian fiction via the theory of eco-criticism.

I would welcome the chance to read that if the opportunity ever arises.
    Not available to BETA READ at present due to (reading) workload. Hidden Content

Twitter: Hidden Content

On my ninth novel, and I think I'm just starting to get the hang of this writing thing...

===

Self-promotion: a necessary tool for those who cannot find others willing to sing their praises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast