Missing S. Africa

Thread: Missing S. Africa

Missing S. Africa

It hasn't even been two months since I've been back, and ALL I can think about is going back to S. Africa next summer.
    These are four of my many favorite photos I took -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tembe Young Male 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	15504
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cheetah Twins.jpg 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	15505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yellow Tree Sunset.jpg 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	15506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD in the Mist.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	15507
    Tembe Sand Lions The Cheetah Brothers Sunrise Wild dogs in the mist.
    TeaLynn

"Don't panic." Douglas Adams
    Hidden Content

I am jealous! I absolutely love the first three images! Feel free to share these images in A Thousand Words! We have a Sunrise & Sunset discussion thread.

These are great shots, Lynn. I particularly liked the photograph of the tree silhouette. Was it taken at sunrise or sunset? The lions and cheetah look a little too close for comfort for me. What magnification is your zoom lens?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Hi PiP,

I have a 70-200 but quickly learned I need a 80-400 for the shots I really want to take! That's my plan for next summer.
    The lions were really close - we were heading back to camp and turned a bend and there they were! The young male was very curious and came really close!
    TeaLynn

"Don't panic." Douglas Adams
    Hidden Content

These are awesome shots!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

NO WAY! You have to be joking. This just hit me straight in the face! I lived in South Africa for one year (at the east coast, to be exact), and these last weeks I really missed it so much. I was just thinking about South Africa when I clicked this region of the forum and then I saw your thread. How high are the chances!!! Man, I even wrote a little text in english (which is really awesome for me because I am german and I didn't do this in years until now ^^) about a girl that grows up in the Transkei and I was thinking about sharing it here. This has to be a sign, haha.
    But enough of me!!! I really like your pictures, especially because they evoke so many memories. Of course there is much more that defines South Africa than only big cats and sunsets, but still, both "things" are part of SA and they are fascinating and beautiful. I lost count of how many photos I took when the sun got down, somehow the evenings always looked different My favorite photo is the last photo though. The fog reminds me of the place where I lived. Sometimes, when we would drive a long time to get some groceries, we literally drove through clouds and it was one of the most inspiring things I have ever experienced.
    Thank you for sharing these photos! I am happy I saw them although I am really homesick again now ... I guess I really have to post this little text now. xD