Fall I like (name for this grammar?)

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Fall I like (name for this grammar?)

  1. #1

    Fall I like (name for this grammar?)

    Fall I like.

    Is there a name for this? Obviously, the simple version is I like fall.

    Obviously the object can be moved to the front in a passive sentence. Fall is liked by me. But that isn't what is happening.

    It would be helpful if I had a name
    English is a good language for people who like to be creative and expressive, not for people who want words to fit into boxes and stay there.

    Hidden Content -- Hidden Content

  2. #2

    I believe this is what you are looking for but I could be wrong. This reminds me of yoda speak, which is object-subject-verb.

  3. #3
    I believe it's called anastrophe, or possibly hyperbaton.

    Or, yes, Yoda-speak...

    Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

    Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"


    Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous


    C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.