What's the word for this?

Thread: What's the word for this?

What's the word for this?

When you're walking but it's obvious to anyone with a pulse and function above the brain stem that you are brooding or absolutely pissed off about something? That you're wherever you are only because you have to be there, not because you want to be? At first, I thought the word would be "skulk," but that implies something furtive or secretive. Any ideas?
    "The passion for freedom of the mind is strong and everlasting, which is fortunate, because so is the passion to squelch it." A. M. Rosenthal

"When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt." Wes Studi as The Sphinx, Mystery Men

You might be thinking of the word 'sulk' instead of 'skulk'. I think you already hit on the best one, however, in 'brooding'.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

I'm interested to know what makes you think there is a word for this? Usually searching out a word not readily available in my vocabulary makes an awkward spot in the text. Not always though. I'd probably use the phrase stomped away, stomped to show the anger and away to indicate locomotion..
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

How about "simmering"?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    And so, you want one word which describes a dude walking down athestreet pissed-off? You're right about skulk, and some of the other answers don't give us the walking. You gave us a tough one, sir, and for that I salute you.