Grammarly

Thread: Grammarly

Blog Entries

Grammarly

I recently saw an ad for this site / app. Does anyone use this ? What do you think of it?
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

I have never tried it. It's free. I use Chrome. I would be curious, but I am not the only one using this computer. My dad would probably flip if he saw a grammar checker. He never spells anything right. It would probably do more harm than good. You should give it a shot. There's nothing to lose. Let us know how it works. As I'm browsing the website, I can see it's no different than the program I used before. This program assists with emails and most likely forum posts. Over 6M Facebook users liked the Facebook page, so I'd give it a shot.

If anyone uses this and has comments I would be more than glad to hear them.

I use this on most Web sites...not here and not Gmail. I don't know if it's Grammarly, or Chrome, but they interact when I try to cursor over and correct stuff and it ends up even worse. It's helpful when I'm writing small posts most places (FB, Yelp, etc.) but where I get more wordy, it is more of a hindrance than a help.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

I am one of them wot use a good educashion to check my grammer...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

I use grammarly not so much for my writing but with my work, I do transcription. But I find it does help sometimes with writing as my grammar is pretty awful. What I like most about it is it explains the mistake. So if you make a mistake you can run your mouse over it and a little box will pop up and explain in greate detail why the mistake is a mistake.