Grammarly on your Browser

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Grammarly on your Browser

Wink Grammarly on your Browser

Grammarly @ https://app.grammarly.com/?utm_term=...1046&network=g is a FREE application for writers. It is in addition to any spelling and grammar checker you have. In addition, there is even an add on to my Firefox browser so that it works while writing or uploading posts. (Just indicated that add on may be in error and suggested add-on, giving me the option of changing it.)

Check it out.

Yup. The Grammarly extension on your browser integrates with any typing area on the screen and corrects your errors as and when you're typing the text.

Well, it suggests corrections...

I turned it off for WF because I collate challenge scores and I can't be changing what the judges say about someone and it slows down the collation process.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

I had it for a couple of days and removed it. It was annoying, popping up everywhere, like an overbearing parent nitpicking everything you do.

I will be using this in ms word and on my browser. Can't recommend it highly enough other than the reason it catches many mistakes.Since grammar standards are high nowadays for writers which is why I suggest we use it. It even has sentence structure which is a complaint in my writing. Using the temporary plan monthly, then I should get the yearly subscription since the price is steep for me since I use the money for different purchases that I get. There is a creative writing option for proofreading.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

So I've heard about Pro Writing Aid which is a software program. It's supposedly better for Grammarly for creative writing. It is also cheaper and you can have a lifetime license as an option as opposed to yearly. I will by next month sign up as writing is one of my many hobbies and use it because of my disability.

Also, another advantage is that pro writing aid works with scrivener. A writer on youtube reviewed it and I was impressed since they compared it and said it was better than Grammarly. Grammarly sometimes picks up something Pro Writing Aid does not. You can create your own style rules and include them (style sheet?). I don't know how that works. It definitely is worth trying it, and they have a free trial offer. Not to mention lengths of sentences, repetition, passive voice versus active, adding prepositions are some of the highlights of the program.

https://prowritingaid.com/
    (this is the official website for the program I am discussing)
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; January 21st, 2017 at 10:56 PM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)