In case you doubt this is the place for you as a writer . . . - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In case you doubt this is the place for you as a writer . . .

i agree. i 1st came here as a poor black child. but look at me now? i eat steaks and everything.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

Thanks, that does make me feel more comfortable.

I do think I'm mining some gold.

I just need to separate the ore from the rock.

I'll post an intro of myself shortly to get situated.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have just returned here, but in the few days that I've been back I'm becoming aware of what I was missing.

This is a very good utility to improve your writing!You get REAL writers and people on here that can help you improve almost any problem or issues with your writing. You also get the satisfaction that your works, even if they're just practice, are being read. It's such a good thing to have people looking at your work and critiquing it. Such a valuable resource. It's a great place to be! You gain INSIGHT from being here.

Just my two cents!

My writing output has improved, and I THINK my quality has improved as well. Not to mention, I'm enjoying it a lot more. Yes, there are days I struggle with it and days I wonder why I even bother. But since coming here and implementing the advice from mentors, veterans, and fellow newbs, those dark days are less and less. I can't reiterate enough two things that have been key for me in this process -- KINDNESS and FEARLESSNESS.
    "The passion for freedom of the mind is strong and everlasting, which is fortunate, because so is the passion to squelch it." A. M. Rosenthal

"When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt." Wes Studi as The Sphinx, Mystery Men

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by danielstj View Post
    You get REAL writers and people on here that can help you improve almost any problem or issues with your writing.
    But you also get real readers, people who can see what is wrong with a piece and maybe that's why they wondered whether they could write something just as good if not better themselves and took up writing. Yes, writing is a skill discussed here, but reading well is also a skill and it is no surprise that those two go hand in hand here.

Being a writer is not a side of my personality that I am trying to develop, but apparently there is something there inside me that has a need, one which I do not understand, so I gave that side of me the opportunity to do it's thing here and interact with other fictional writers. Some may discover that they have the ability to become real writers, but my inner writer is a virtual being thriving only in this virtual place. Hopefully sharing that experience is also beneficial to others in some small way.

As they say, I just wanted to give you a piece of my mind.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

WritingForums gives me the freedom to be mineself. The people here are candid, competent, and best of all, drama-free.
    "The greatness of evil lies in its awful accuracy.
    Without that deadly talent for being in the right place at the right time, evil must suffer defeat.
    For unlike its opposite, good, evil is allowed no human failings, no miscalculations.
    Evil must be perfect, or depend upon the imperfections of others."

~Narrator of The Outer Limits

Yes, Arrakis. As far as forum-based drama goes, the kind here is pretty low.
    "The passion for freedom of the mind is strong and everlasting, which is fortunate, because so is the passion to squelch it." A. M. Rosenthal

"When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt." Wes Studi as The Sphinx, Mystery Men

No matter how busy I am or what is going on in my life, a visit to this forum always gets me "in the mood".
    "We all die. The goal is not to live forever, the goal is to create something that will." ~Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by msjhord View Post
    Yes, Arrakis. As far as forum-based drama goes, the kind here is pretty low.
    This is really encouraging to read. I have been on plenty of forums before and the one thing that always makes me cringe is the prospect of how many trolls I may have to fight through to get any useful information.

I'm just starting out in writing myself, and as others have said, am not exactly the pillar of confidence I would like to be in regards to sharing my writing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast