Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannibalism (Study): Refining Sources

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    I can only suggest looking online as that is where I myself have found different sources when being a skint student. I hope this helps. Does your library not offer inter library loans?
    I live in Mexico, most books are in Spanish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I live in Mexico, most books are in Spanish.
    Yeah I can see how that would make things difficult. Hmmmm...

I watched a documentary (Pacific Warriors, 2015) on the rise of Pacific Islanders (specifically from Tonga, Samoa and Fiji) in international rugby. A native expert stated matter-of-factly that the reason their athletes are so large and strong was because their societies were originally cannibalistic and the bigger folks ate the smaller folks. I can't give you any more than that, but it's something to work from.
    Last edited by Jack Dammit; September 25th, 2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Your suggestion about seeking other sources, made me curious. I can not afford to pay for various database memberships including online news. Plus, where I live, the libraries do not have adequate reference materials on the shelves or online. Any suggestions how non-fiction writers can find source materials.
    As long as you have access to the internet you can use most any search engine to find scholarly articles on just about any topic. Many universities publish a wide array of research for free.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

https://www.amazon.com/author/terrydurbin

Try Google Scholar. Its free and you can find articles and other scholarly works from reliable sources.
    Gestalt Prayer
    I do my thing
    and you do your thing.
    I am not in this world
    to live up to your expectation
    And you are not in this world
    to live up to mine

You are you and I am I
    And If by chance
    we find each other, its beautiful,
    If not, it can't be helped.

- Fritz Perls

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    Multiple human civilizations have engaged in the practice of cannibalism including the Aztecs of Mexico. Human groups have engaged in cannibalism for survival purposes too, such as the famous survivors of the South American rugby team stranded in the Andes Mountains in 1972 after a plane crash.
    As you refer to Ravenous I take it the rugby team came to your attention via movies too, Alive (1993). There are, after all, countless situations of cannibalism all around the world. The Aghori are known to be cannibalistic. There was cannibalism during the American colonization; Jamestown, stranded wagon runs (Donner Party), etc.

As Terry D suggested a better reference would be factual information & not fictional sources. Reality can be, in many ways, far more frightening & unsettling than simple fantasy.
    I once asked a blind man "what can you see" and he said infinity,
    I once asked a deaf man "what can you hear" and he said eternity,
    I once asked a crippled man "what can you do" and he said anything,
    I once asked a mute "what can you say" and he mouthed everything.

But when I asked myself those same questions I knew not what to say, see or do. PaMb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12