How many are left? - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How many are left?

Oh boy, I'll go get my Marvin costume! TO THE ATTIC! <3
    Remember kids: Drink vodka, play Dotka!

I would enjoy this, been a while since I wrote alongside folks rather than a solo piece. I'm in.
    Rimmer: You can't just whack Death on the head!
    Lister: If he comes near me, I'm gonna rip his nipples off!

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    - Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by amsawtell View Post
    I was meaning to ask how scientific does everyone want this to be but part of my sentence got lost.
    Simplest maybe to have a level of technology not too far beyond the present day? We don't want to get too bogged down in the rules of new devices.

I had a possible idea for a setting. The player characters (PCs) are each kidnapped by a mysterious organisation, and taken to a secret installation - part prison, part training facility. The PCs each have a talent which is of use to the organisation, and will occasionally be dispatched on missions, e.g. stealing a particular item or destroying a particular target.

The organisation doesn't tell the PCs what its ultimate ends are, nor do they meet its leaders. A number of "minders" live with the PCs in the secret installation, and accompany them on missions. These minders would normally be fairly easy to overpower, but implants have been placed in the brains of the PCs - these allow the minders to cause pain or death if the PCs disobey them.

I think this could work as a setting, as it would allow new players to easily join at any time (new recruits being brought to the installation), the story would be structured (alternating between chapters in the facility and missions outside it), and would provide a potential long term story arc (discovering the organisation's motives, finding a way to escape).

That said, I've not played one of these before. How does it sound to the rest of you?

HC
    My novels Hidden Content , Hidden Content and Hidden Content are available from Amazon

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

You can find me on Twitter: Hidden Content

Hmmm. . .well the problem with this idea is that the players would have less freedom of choice, because of the "minders" demanding obedience. Perhaps we could something where the players were doing missions of their own free will. Personally I would like to do something that's actually in space, something that's classic sci-fi.
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

That can work too ... are you thinking in terms of something like the original Star Trek? Adventures on a spaceship?

HC
    My novels Hidden Content , Hidden Content and Hidden Content are available from Amazon

Yeah! That would be really enjoyable.
    "So long is the way to the unknown, long is the way we have come. . ." ~ Turisas, Five Hundred and One

"[An artist is] an idiot babbling through town. . .crying, 'Dreams, dreams for sale! Two for a kopek, two for a song; if you won't buy them, just take them for free!'" ~ Michael O' Brien,
    Sophia House

lavishing light.

How about a space port that blends in HC's idea to start? It can move to a space ship from there.

Someone who wants to travel to a particular part of space has a ship but needs a crew. They gather a disparate team of individuals from a spaceport, each with their own motives for going, and together they set forth for fun and adventure in outer space. How does that sound?

HC
    Last edited by Harper J. Cole; June 2nd, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Sounds great.

Sophia House

lavishing light.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast