The now sentence.

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: The now sentence.

The now sentence.

The trouble with listening to the radio whilst driving is you miss things and forget things.

The program was talking about a writer who had developed what I believe he called the ‘now sentence’. I don’t know who, or if that was the exact term, but he was describing the prevalent conditions with a sentence starting ‘now’, a sort of showing not telling.
    The examples given were of a hot day;
    “Now small boys stripped off their clothes and dived into the village pond.”
    “Now those in periwigs envied their fellows with natural hair as they wiped the paste of powder and perspiration from their heads”

So look around, or out of the window, and describe it with a ‘now sentence’.

Mine to start it off;

“Now owls whistle in the dark woods beyond the garden.”
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Now the sun begins to nestle below the horizon as the birds sing in the trees.

now the morning sun shines bright on fresh green leaves.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Now the puppy does her hound howl because she hears the icecream van.

And the next one.

And the next one.

Now I wish I did not have a [half] hound.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

a dog just fowled on the grass and the owner has that look were he just plans to leave it there
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Now the cars pass in the bright sunshine carrying folk to offices and workshops.
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Now that is is not so diabolically hot today the air-conditioning can be switched off.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Now the morning television shows blast in the background as I sit in front of a silent phone on my day off.

"Save me!" the inner workaholic shouts.
    My inner child stands on a pedestal. "Shut up! Go back to sleep, we deserve this."

Now a menagerie of minds, varied age and experience, set personal focus on independent development, just as diverse, above quiet carpet amidst dwindling tomes. Now.

Now that you realize that I am ALWAYS right, you should apologize ... now!
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast