Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

We are excited to announce that WritingForums.com has a brand new site design that is now available as WF 2.0 in the style chooser at the bottom left corner of the site. This will soon become the default but until then, feel free to give it a test drive by choosing it as shown below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	13498

Our main goal in refreshing the site was really just to spiff things up a bit but not so much as to lose the essence of "The Green Lady." The logo graphic was retained but updated a bit, and on the site itself, we tweaked a few colors and added a social media bar at the top of the page for a more modern feel.

We hope you like the new site, but never fear. If you don't, you'll still be able to choose the old version (vB4 Default Style) if you prefer it.

There are so many pages at WF, that there are bound to be some oddities in the new color scheme. If you see anything out of the ordinary, please PM me so we can fix it.

Thanks!

This is exciting! Hmm ... did Mustard give you the yellow color choice? I guess there's always room to embrace change. Thanks! I saw the quote area change so I knew something was different. I'm looking forward to this new vibe. I hope it encourages more new members to stay and feel comfortable.

Oh wow, I'm sorry to say this but... it's not very nice change. Three colors on a single page, and they don't blend at all, if you wanted something new you could've put more shades of a same color, making the transition more smoother... Back to the default style...
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

I think that once we change to the new style (TK or Sam may know the answer to this for sure) you can still revert to the present default style if you're not comfortable with the future one.
    Hidden Content

Hey, check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

And if you're into music, check out the brand new Hidden Content Hidden Content

Well I surely won't use 2.0, sorry...
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

I love it. It looks so bright and welcoming. Well done, TK!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'm with Schrody ... not a fan of this palette. The yellow in the highlight tab and the orange in the "Reply to..." button look out of place.

I like the shape of it though. colourlovers.com has tons of palettes .... just a thought.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

I'm quite fond of the new one. It retains the qualities that make WF the Green Lady, but also spruces the place up nicely.

There should be a way to keep the old version as WF 1.0, or something similar, if anyone should wish to do so. I don't see why there couldn't.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Just a heads up! If you do choose to change your setting on one platform (PC, tablet, phone), you will have to make the change on the other platform as well. Different browser, different settings. So, if you change it, don't question why it hasn't changed on other platforms. Follow the same guidelines to all other platforms. That is all.

- Your Resident Techie Advanced Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    I'm with Schrody ... not a fan of this palette. The yellow in the highlight tab and the orange in the "Reply to..." button look out of place.

I like the shape of it though. colourlovers.com has tons of palettes .... just a thought.
    I think they were shooting for an earthy palette. I like avocados, but the yellow is throwing me off.

Looks good to me!
    My novels Hidden Content , Hidden Content and Hidden Content are available from Amazon

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

You can find me on Twitter: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast