Green Lady Gets a Touch Up! - Page 8

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

Okay members,

For those who liked the new style but found the colors too bright, we've done a more subtle version: WF 2.0 - Option 2. It is the same style, losing the orange, and using a paler yellow and green. See the post to Sonata two posts up for instructions on setting a personal default style different than the system default. Thanks!!

The colors are more appealing now, but the section where the list of the forums is too bright, maybe it should be a paler blue or something, the whiteness is really not easy on the eyes. Also, I don't like the fonts in the upper left corner (What's New?, Forum)... I usually don't like changes, so it will be difficult to please me. Luckily, it's not about me
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Coffee stains and faded yellow. Thanks for the effort. I am pleased with the previous edition. As the latest LM challenge prompt mentions, "It Grows on You."

Edit:

I will admit that the original green was a forest green. The color choice was too dark compared to the latest two revisions. The nature color themes are nice. I wish there were more options. I am not too hard to please.

Hey Schrody, if I start changing fonts, etc. the we'll have a one-off that is just too time-consuming to maintain. So maybe just hang on with WF 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    The colors are more appealing now, but the section where the list of the forums is too bright, maybe it should be a paler blue or something, the whiteness is really not easy on the eyes. Also, I don't like the fonts in the upper left corner (What's New?, Forum)... I usually don't like changes, so it will be difficult to please me. Luckily, it's not about me

LOL! Yep, the paler just fades away for me, so I'll stick with the original 2.0 but this way there is a more subtle version

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    Coffee stains and faded yellow. Thanks for the effort. I am pleased with the previous edition. As the latest LM challenge prompt mentions, "It Grows on You."

Quick question, I'm working with Sonata in PM and she is having an issue that she has the old (1.0) selected but on the notifications page, she says the left menu is the bright yellow of the new look & feel. Is anyone else having that problem? I didn't change anything on the old one except the logo, so theoretically, this shouldn't be happening. And when I select 1.0, I don't get that issue so just interested in whether or not anyone else is.

Thanks!!

That is one damned vibrant pic

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Change always requires time. After a while, the yellow seems to adjust well. I even made sure my picture was just as vibrant.

Annie, I just checked and the old style also has the tools menu the same color as the 'today/yesterday/etc' but the selecteds are yellow. As it turns out, happens to be a yellow similar to the new tools menu bar color! I'll definitely change one of them. Thanks for pointing this out!!

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    My last comment on 2.0 -- the yellow at the top (where it says "thread tools" etc.) is the color of section markers in your PM box for TODAY, YESTERDAY, etc. and is ALSO the color for selecteds when you're moving stuff around in your PM box so it can get confusing. I think changing the yellow in either of the two places would be a Good Thing.

Here's a future suggestion inspired by Novlr. Novlr is a word processor with three writing templates to suit writing preferences. There's a day, evening and night mode. Would that be possible to look into for Writing Forums? The screen isn't as bright as Word in the day (grayscale) while the night mode relaxes the writer with warm colors (like sunset colors).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    Hey Schrody, if I start changing fonts, etc. the we'll have a one-off that is just too time-consuming to maintain. So maybe just hang on with WF 1.0
    Well, like I said, it's not about (pleasing) me, it's about all members

Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    Quick question, I'm working with Sonata in PM and she is having an issue that she has the old (1.0) selected but on the notifications page, she says the left menu is the bright yellow of the new look & feel. Is anyone else having that problem? I didn't change anything on the old one except the logo, so theoretically, this shouldn't be happening. And when I select 1.0, I don't get that issue so just interested in whether or not anyone else is.

Thanks!!
    My 1.0 looks normal.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...