Green Lady Gets a Touch Up! - Page 7

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

I'm glad that I gave myself time to get used to the new colour scheme. It took a while to adapt, but I guess it's just grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    I'm glad that I gave myself time to get used to the new colour scheme. It took a while to adapt, but I guess it's just grown on me.
    Yeah, I agree. Change always requires time. After a while, the yellow seems to adjust well. I even made sure my picture was just as vibrant.

I think the default is still the original layout. I just got a new laptop for backup and when I signed in everything was green again.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    I think the default is still the original layout. I just got a new laptop for backup and when I signed in everything was green again.
    Yeah, for now, the new layout is an option. It's not the new default. You'll have to switch over to see it.

Hey MrM,

I have the new one chosen as the default in the admin area but it does flip back and forth sometimes if you have the original set as your own skin in your general settings. You can go to general settings under MISC to choose your personal default skin. Sorry, I wasn't even aware of this previously until someone in this thread mentioned it.

TK

there is always one....the green lady...the green man....!!!
    The only one who can heal you is you.

My last comment on 2.0 -- the yellow at the top (where it says "thread tools" etc.) is the color of section markers in your PM box for TODAY, YESTERDAY, etc. and is ALSO the color for selecteds when you're moving stuff around in your PM box so it can get confusing. I think changing the yellow in either of the two places would be a Good Thing.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Something weird seems to have happened. I am staying with the vB4 Default Style as I find it easier to read, but now if I click on any new Notifications, or even my Profile, everything appears in bright white with bright yellow details. Not the gentle green as it has been and still is for the main fora.

The bright yellow on white makes it very difficult to see what is what, although the actual writing is black as usual, but the yellow seems to cancel everything out. Maybe it is just my lousy eyesight but this has only happened today. Until now everything was green as with the vB4 colouration.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Sonata,

We changed the default style as mentioned. I think you must be reverting back to the new default. To change it once and for all to the old default, click SETTINGS at the top right of the page. Then from the left menu, click GENERAL SETTINGS, then scroll down to miscellaneous settings and for FORUM SKIN, choose the style you'd like as your personal default. Please note that we have renamed the OLD default to WF 1.0. Let me know if you have any issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    Something weird seems to have happened. I am staying with the vB4 Default Style as I find it easier to read, but now if I click on any new Notifications, or even my Profile, everything appears in bright white with bright yellow details. Not the gentle green as it has been and still is for the main fora.

The bright yellow on white makes it very difficult to see what is what, although the actual writing is black as usual, but the yellow seems to cancel everything out. Maybe it is just my lousy eyesight but this has only happened today. Until now everything was green as with the vB4 colouration.

Astro, this is the kind of thing that I am sure I didn't catch all of the places colors conflicted. I will definitely put this on the list to check out!

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    My last comment on 2.0 -- the yellow at the top (where it says "thread tools" etc.) is the color of section markers in your PM box for TODAY, YESTERDAY, etc. and is ALSO the color for selecteds when you're moving stuff around in your PM box so it can get confusing. I think changing the yellow in either of the two places would be a Good Thing.