Green Lady Gets a Touch Up! - Page 5

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

Hey Jen,

What device / operating system are you viewing it on? That can make a big difference so I'd like to see it the way you are if possible as it would be easier to tackle that way. thanx!!

Quote Originally Posted by jenthepen View Post
    I've been using the new layout for a couple of days and I like the brighter colours. The only thing I find less clear is the welcome bar in the green band. In the old version it was in white lettering and this seemed to show up better than the black. Could the black be bolded?

Edit: Ooops I think it is in bold. Somehow it still seems to fade into the background.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	13563

Here's the screenshot. Ray (hubby) took a look at it and says it's my eyes. I have to admit it does look a lot clearer today!

Just a word about the title of this thread - I live in the UK and every time I read this title, my mind automatically associate it with other connotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Just a word about the title of this thread - I live in the UK and every time I read this title, my mind automatically associate it with other connotations.
    I am glad I am not the only one!
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

I'm in the UK too.
    I wondered initially if it was an attempt at risqué humour - then realised it was the equivalent of removing pencil marks with a rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Cran View Post
    I, too, will stick with the old style, because old style is what I am. But ...

I do want to thank TK
    for undertaking this long, complex task - the details that have to be checked properly are enough to drive me nuts - and for bringing a new look into the community which many have been wanting for some time.

If it wasn't such a lot of fiddle and double-check, we would have put together more options for members to choose. That may yet happen, as might tweaks to each as we find the time to pursue them.

In that respect, your feedback is invaluable, and to the members who have responded already, I also thank you.
    One thing that would be very helpful, is if one could could designate the skin they prefer in My Settings

-----------------

Never mind, I found it. Thank you.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Oh my! Which part?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    I'm in the UK too.
    I wondered initially if it was an attempt at risqué humour - then realised it was the equivalent of removing pencil marks with a rubber.
    Which, of course, in the US is an eraser, a rubber meaning something else...
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    Which, of course, in the US is an eraser, a rubber meaning something else...
    Well, I wasn't going to tell them

Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    Oh my! Which part?
    That question is funnier than you might realise - rich in ambiguity