Green Lady Gets a Touch Up! - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

I like it more! It's bright and uplifting. Like when the summer-sun hits me in the face as I tear open the curtains in the early morning!

Good job!
    for kyle: Freel Barter Braby Hidden Content

I, too, will stick with the old style, because old style is what I am. But ...

I do want to thank TK
    for undertaking this long, complex task - the details that have to be checked properly are enough to drive me nuts - and for bringing a new look into the community which many have been wanting for some time.

If it wasn't such a lot of fiddle and double-check, we would have put together more options for members to choose. That may yet happen, as might tweaks to each as we find the time to pursue them.

In that respect, your feedback is invaluable, and to the members who have responded already, I also thank you.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

It's good to have a choice, so the new skin is an asset to be appreciated.
    It does appear clearer but also more intrusive.
    The original skin has a distinct character which is immediately recognisable.
    Future references to the Green Lady may be a mystery to newcomers with the new skin as default.
    I primarily joined the writing forums here, so it's all about the words to me anyway.
    So long as the writing is colourful the presentation of it doesn't bother me much.
    If the website has the necessary functionality and is intuitive in use I am content with it. That's the bottom line.

Correction: No, that isn't the bottom line. The ladies always get the last word. My angel doesn't like it. Too yellow.
    Last edited by JustRob; April 30th, 2016 at 11:24 AM.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Hey peeps!

Sorry I've been missing here, but we are in the middle of a move to Asheville. So busy is not even close to describing what is going on. LOL!

The feedback is AWESOME, and we appreciate everyone who stopped by with comments and/or a LIKE Every opinion is important to us.

Over the next few days, I'll be tweaking a couple of things on the new, and making a few changes to the header on the old (adding the new logo mainly).

Once that is done, as we've mentioned, everyone will have the option of choosing whichever is their preference One of the awesome things about VBulletin is that you can choose a different style, and there is never a design that suits everyone's tastes, no more than everyone is going to like the same genre/color/girl/boy/dog/cat and so on! (point in case, they tell me that some people didn't like Twilight . . .)

So have a great day and I'm missing logging in every 30 minutes but my husband is watching me very closely to make sure I carry my load in unpacking!

I'll be back in full force soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    Hey peeps!

Sorry I've been missing here, but we are in the middle of a move to Asheville. So busy is not even close to describing what is going on. LOL!

The feedback is AWESOME, and we appreciate everyone who stopped by with comments and/or a LIKE Every opinion is important to us.

Over the next few days, I'll be tweaking a couple of things on the new, and making a few changes to the header on the old (adding the new logo mainly).

Once that is done, as we've mentioned, everyone will have the option of choosing whichever is their preference One of the awesome things about VBulletin is that you can choose a different style, and there is never a design that suits everyone's tastes, no more than everyone is going to like the same genre/color/girl/boy/dog/cat and so on! (point in case, they tell me that some people didn't like Twilight . . .)

So have a great day and I'm missing logging in every 30 minutes but my husband is watching me very closely to make sure I carry my load in unpacking!

I'll be back in full force soon!!!
    I have family there. Love the city!!
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

That is too cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwriter View Post
    I have family there. Love the city!!

cool
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I've been using the new layout for a couple of days and I like the brighter colours. The only thing I find less clear is the welcome bar in the green band. In the old version it was in white lettering and this seemed to show up better than the black. Could the black be bolded?

Edit: Ooops I think it is in bold. Somehow it still seems to fade into the background.

I would like to volunteer to be a tester or conslutant or whatever if there are other versions to be developed. In particular, I'm interested in developing a schema similar to the "beige" schema in the Ajax chat. I think it's totally unfair for me (or anyone else) to sit back and criticize when we're not willing to grease up our elbows and pitch in. And so I'm doing just that. Offering greased elbows and rolled-up sleeves.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!