Green Lady Gets a Touch Up! - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

Blog Entries
    I don't like change and i'm all for not fixing what isn't broken, i'm sorry but this bad news for me. WF must move with the times i suppose. Just an old stick in the mud but i shall try to keep up.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Not for me - bright colours hurt my eyes, which is why my bifocals have a graduated grey tint. I have clear lenses in my computer spectacles because the current vB4 colour scheme is gentle and easy on my eyes, so I will be staying with the vB4 Default.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

I've only just looked at this.
    My brief first thoughts are: OK generally, but the colour clash at the tops of pages is even worse than my living room.
    I will persevere for a few days because change can take a while to get used to. If I don't adapt, I will revert.

I am a total newbie anyway, so a change is not difficult for me to get used to. Just tried the 2.0 and I liked it. Will keep it that way for now.
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

Not a fan of the two black stripes at the top. That whole area should be green, not seeing anything that would get lost by doing that, but that's just me. The black bars at the bottom do help separate the sections.

The yellow and rust color accents I can get used to.
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

Not a fan of the new scheme. It is a bit discordant...

Having used it for a bit, I do feel the yellow could be a slightly deeper shade. That would be my only suggestion.

East Yorkshire Coast, England, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    We are excited to announce that WritingForums.com has a brand new site design that is now available as WF 2.0 in the style chooser at the bottom left corner of the site. This will soon become the default but until then, feel free to give it a test drive by choosing it as shown below. . .
    I would love to have a look and try it out, but don't know where to find it. Can someone please give me a link?

Many thanks and kind regards - Aquarius
    Who Is Blind?
    The one who is unable to perceive another world.
    Who is dumb?
    The one who cannot speak a kind and loving word at the right moment.
    Who is poor?
    The one who is plagued by too many desires.
    Who is rich?
    The one whose heart is contented.

Anon.

I you scroll down to the very bottom of the page on the bottom left there's a little tab you can click that will have a drop down box and it's labeled WF 2.0 =)
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

East Yorkshire Coast, England, United Kingdom
    Thank you, dear am-hammy, found it and am using it at this moment. I like it! Seems brighter and more cheerful than the old version.
    Who Is Blind?
    The one who is unable to perceive another world.
    Who is dumb?
    The one who cannot speak a kind and loving word at the right moment.
    Who is poor?
    The one who is plagued by too many desires.
    Who is rich?
    The one whose heart is contented.

Anon.