Green Lady Gets a Touch Up! - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Green Lady Gets a Touch Up!

Looks hip and new
    Das ist deine Welt! Das heißt eine​ Welt!

Gotta say, my eyesight's not the best, and with the new design, the writing is a lot clearer and easier to read. Excellent, TK!!!
    "You don't wanna ride the bus like this,"

Mike Posner.

There are pros and cons to each version, in my opinion. The new logo is more modern (whether that's a positive or negative is up to individual preference), and I do like the social media bar that's been added. That said, I will probably continue to use the old layout, personally. I prefer the more subdued color scheme and the yellow is just a bit harsh on my eyes (that is not hyperbole, I have terrible eyesight and bright, contrasting colors don't play well with it on a screen). If it were up to a vote, I would throw in to leave the current layout as the default, but I agree that a more modern update is probably needed, so this may be a step in the right direction. I just don't know how new members will feel when presented with new layout. The current layout feels a bit more professional to me, and it was one of the reasons I decided to join up in the first place. This is not an outright criticism, as individual tastes will vary, it's just my take on the subject.

I think it looks great! Fantastic job and I'm excited to try it out!

I do like the way the social media bar also =)
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

It's much cleaner and more modern overall, but still retains the things I liked about the previous version. Much more in line with younger sites' forum styles -- not so boxed and sharp, but loose and smooth, which is especially apparent around the forum header.

I can see some of the brighter colours being an issue for some, but that's totally fixable. This is a step in the right direction, no question. Great job to all involved! I'll be sticking with it.

PS: To be honest without edging into rudeness is tough, but I thought the older colour scheme wasn't particularly attractive. It needed a big breath of fresh air, and, so far, this is that breath.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

I like it. It's similar to the old layout while still being new and fresh.

Absutely!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    I think that once we change to the new style (TK or Sam may know the answer to this for sure) you can still revert to the present default style if you're not comfortable with the future one.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    This is exciting! Hmm ... did Mustard give you the yellow color choice? I guess there's always room to embrace change. Thanks! I saw the quote area change so I knew something was different. I'm looking forward to this new vibe. I hope it encourages more new members to stay and feel comfortable.
    Not to bicker, but the people have more to do with folks feeling comfortable than the appearance, for me anyway.

I hope there will be quotes by current, active members now.

Count mine as another vote against the new colors.

Green is calming. Yellow, to me, signifies danger or being on alert. It would put me on edge and make my posting style more abrasive than it already is.

I, too, will be staying with the original.

I don't care, as long as we're all here.