annie's 2016 NaPoWriMo Links

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: annie's 2016 NaPoWriMo Links

annie's 2016 NaPoWriMo Links

The poems will be in the workshop but the links will be here. One post per. Maybe some author's notes about the poems as well.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    — Robert G. Allen

I'll Call You

Something light for April Fool's.
    — Robert G. Allen

metamorphosis

This is about my 19-year old daughter. By extension, other young adults.
    — Robert G. Allen

admin@hal-pc.org

yes, that looks like an e-mail address. No, it probably doesn't work anymore. Jeff used to be the admin there but died of liver cancer. They used to offer dial-up internet but have been defunct for some years. He comes to me in dreams and advises me. fortune is a unix-and-linux program that dispenses a fortune-cookie like quote or bit of advice. This is full of geekspeak. It makes sense in those terms. I don't know how relatable it is to the layperson.
    — Robert G. Allen

escorial

From a prompt -- 4. Write a poem to, about, or for, another member of the forum--you don't have to name them.

I am awed by his ability to find the shortest distance to the crux.
    — Robert G. Allen

suprise

No, this is not autobiographical. And no, I'm not going to apologize for "appropriating" someone else's voice. If poets can write with the voices of pets or trees or anything else, why not other humans?

My kids would say TAY-stez as two syllables because they were born in Texas. I was born in the Dakotas and we say taysts as one syllable, so I wrote it that way, as I think it's more common.
    — Robert G. Allen

s.in.ister

Yes, I copied the naming style from some other posters. I still have a problem with things. I try not to become attached to them and I don't tend to treat them well because it used to be that if I treated something well, it was a sign I cared for it and an invisible signal that stealing or destroying it was a way to hurt me. I'm almost an old lady and I should have learned better, but ingrained habits are hard to shed.
    — Robert G. Allen

[clichι]

... because, there is nothing new under the sun.
    — Robert G. Allen

[intaglio]

... for a collage of friends I've known over time
    — Robert G. Allen

untitled

Wrote this as a six-word poem. I'm currently fighting with parodies of Dr. Seuss and William Blake (yeah, contrast).
    — Robert G. Allen

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast